A robinson cannot change his spots it seems.

Mellowyellow

The one dimensional persona of KR is reflected in these comments from Charlton fans on their thoughts on his return.

"Robbo said the right things to start with and I wanted him to succeed but I don’t miss his 25 minute Mumbo jumbo pre match press conference with all his playing through the thirds and floating no 10 and false no 9’s rubbish , I don’t think he even understood what he was waffling about.
At first thought he might be a football genius but after watching a few games I quickly realised he wasn’t !"

"his insistence of playing 4-2-3-1 regardless, annoyed many fans."

"He's a likeable guy who tried his best."

"His problem was sticking slavishly to a formation which was easily pressured by opposition gaffers putting a high press on us."

"Robbo did do some good things for the club re steadying the ship , and bringing in some decent players .
Not a master tactician , and too set in his ways , he was ultimately found out and failed to deliver."

"Just that he never got the best out of what he had on offer at The Valley."

"All I would do to him is criticize over his tactics because he never had a plan B and his poor excuse of not playing 4-4-2 was proved it was a poor excuse as Bowyer made us into a better side when he took over. There is no way we'd got in the playoffs if Karl was still our manager."

What a load of B*****s, of course they got promoted and we are not playing them tomorrow...

I think we all need to move on with our criticism of Robinson. It seems that Tiger has confirmed he’s sticking with him no matter what so we as fans have to do the same.

Also the team are on a three match unbeaten run in the league where we haven’t conceded and had two away draws. I’m not saying we’ve turned the corner by any means but it’s something to build on.

I think we all need to move on with our criticism of Robinson. It seems that Tiger has confirmed he’s sticking with him no matter what so we as fans have to do the same.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. As long as we support our team on the pitch we have every right to discuss our manager. I for one are still very worried regarding our situation. We now need 40 points from the remaining 32 games, this is 8 wins and 8 draws. Given our form in the first 14 games and our complete lack of a strike force are we anyway convinced that our troubles are over.

I still believe that KR is not the man for the job. A win over the bottom team and 2 draws (ok one was good, the other was only half good against a team right down there with us) still have not convinced me. I hope I'm proved wrong but given his one dimensional tactics and given his choice of players I am still concerned.

As for this is Tigers choice so we have to go with it, for me only brings a massive question mark over Tiger and his real ambitions for this club. Last year we saw him risk relegation with his dithering in appointing a new manager. Do we have faith he is right sticking with KR and just what will the cost be?

I worry that come Jan we will not get the funds (and we are really going to need some money spending to get the strikers and other players we require) and we are not going to make the right choices in recruitment (after the shambles of the summer) to ensure we don't go down.

When we are comfortably mid table then yes we can lay off KR, and feel a bit better regarding Tiger. Until then we should debate it and should thing get worse again we should start to demand action. KR is one of the luckiest managers in football, not many get such a free ride despite the absolute failure he has shown with us. Tonight will be a really good measure of how much we have improved.

I had a dream last night that I was having a drink with an overweight Steve Basham, who, each drink he downed, sprouted more and more feathers from his arms, while his face morphed into that of Karl Robinson. He then started running around the parking lot with his arms outstretched pretending to be an aeroplane.

I feel there is some metaphor to be read in to that, I just don't see where Bash fits into it all...

Last edited:
I had a dream last night that I was having a drink with an overweight Steve Basham, who, each drink he downed, sprouted more and more feathers from his arms, while his face morphed into that of Karl Robinson. He then started running around the parking lot with his arms outstretched pretending to be an aeroplane.

I feel there is some metaphor to be read in to that, I just don't see where Bash fits into it all...

You need to change your dealer me old mate ?

To be fair to KR, according to today's OM article, he has looked in the mirror and tried to tone down the antics on the touchline. Coupled with the fact that Derry has been doing some of the media work, it can't be a coincidence that results have improved?

Next logical steps would be for KR to watch the games from the stands and stay away from the dressing room on matchdays followed by locking himself in his office at the training ground whilst the players are in. Implement these and I can see us challenging for the playoffs!

Here is why you should never eat cheese late in the evening!

Bash is still looking very trim as well...

Also the team are on a three match unbeaten run in the league where we haven’t conceded and had two away draws. I’m not saying we’ve turned the corner by any means but it’s something to build on.
A win and two draws. Wow. Well, that’s OK then. A massive three games unbeaten. Extend Robinson’s contract and give him a pay rise.

Next logical steps would be for KR to watch the games from the stands and stay away from the dressing room on matchdays followed by locking himself in his office at the training ground whilst the players are in. Implement these and I can see us challenging for the playoffs!

Whatever next...

...are you suggesting that if Karl Robinson reduces his involvement with Oxford United to watching on IFollow from a yurt in the middle of the Gobi Desert...

...that we’ve still every chance of going top 2 this year...?

Gotta be worth twenty quid of anyone’s money...how much is a one-way flight to Ulaan Bataar these days...?

A win and two draws. Wow. Well, that’s OK then. A massive three games unbeaten. Extend Robinson’s contract and give him a pay rise.

What were you expecting from the last 3 games? 15 points, 300 goals and the FA Cup??!!

The 10 games previous got us 5 points and a bucket full of goals conceded. Anyone in their right mind must be able to recognise that we've seen signs of improvement and that has to be a good thing?

The one dimensional persona of KR is reflected in these comments from Charlton fans on their thoughts on his return.

"Robbo said the right things to start with and I wanted him to succeed but I don’t miss his 25 minute Mumbo jumbo pre match press conference with all his playing through the thirds and floating no 10 and false no 9’s rubbish , I don’t think he even understood what he was waffling about.
At first thought he might be a football genius but after watching a few games I quickly realised he wasn’t !"

"his insistence of playing 4-2-3-1 regardless, annoyed many fans."

"He's a likeable guy who tried his best."

"His problem was sticking slavishly to a formation which was easily pressured by opposition gaffers putting a high press on us."

"Robbo did do some good things for the club re steadying the ship , and bringing in some decent players .
Not a master tactician , and too set in his ways , he was ultimately found out and failed to deliver."

"Just that he never got the best out of what he had on offer at The Valley."

"All I would do to him is criticize over his tactics because he never had a plan B and his poor excuse of not playing 4-4-2 was proved it was a poor excuse as Bowyer made us into a better side when he took over. There is no way we'd got in the playoffs if Karl was still our manager."

Some irony in in the fact that a one-trick pony posted this don’t you think?

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. As long as we support our team on the pitch we have every right to discuss our manager. I for one are still very worried regarding our situation. We now need 40 points from the remaining 32 games, this is 8 wins and 8 draws. Given our form in the first 14 games and our complete lack of a strike force are we anyway convinced that our troubles are over.

I still believe that KR is not the man for the job. A win over the bottom team and 2 draws (ok one was good, the other was only half good against a team right down there with us) still have not convinced me. I hope I'm proved wrong but given his one dimensional tactics and given his choice of players I am still concerned.

As for this is Tigers choice so we have to go with it, for me only brings a massive question mark over Tiger and his real ambitions for this club. Last year we saw him risk relegation with his dithering in appointing a new manager. Do we have faith he is right sticking with KR and just what will the cost be?

I worry that come Jan we will not get the funds (and we are really going to need some money spending to get the strikers and other players we require) and we are not going to make the right choices in recruitment (after the shambles of the summer) to ensure we don't go down.

When we are comfortably mid table then yes we can lay off KR, and feel a bit better regarding Tiger. Until then we should debate it and should thing get worse again we should start to demand action. KR is one of the luckiest managers in football, not many get such a free ride despite the absolute failure he has shown with us. Tonight will be a really good measure of how much we have improved.
Hi Millman, I honestly have no real counter argument to what you say and will add the caveat that my post was more borne of frustration than real belief. I’ve posted on another thread that I came away from Saturdays game with quite a few concerns. I just hope tonight doesn’t go horribly wrong.

That wasn't a dream, it was a premonition.

A chilling vision of a dystopian future.

Some irony in in the fact that a one-trick pony posted this don’t you think?[/QUO

Having read his posts in more detail on their forum, I couldn’t agree more nady. Let’s hope our one trick pony has a back up plan to his usual. God forbid he may even change his starting formation

Last edited:
Sorry to be picky but Millman's calculations for getting 40 points from the remaining 32 games are incorrect. We will need to win 10, draw 10 and and only lose 12! Unless there is massive investment in players in January and/or a change of management I just can't see us doing it.

Whoops Looks like I can't add up today, cheers quicksilver. Even more so it really hammers home the task ahead of us. Come the end of the season last Saturdays draw may be very costly. We do indeed need investment in Jan and it has to be spent very, very well. It is also a concern any of our current loans that are doing well may be recalled in Jan, and we may loose Nelson.

Back
Top Bottom