A New World Class Community Stadium For The U’s

Nice summary, I wonder what the reality will be, I think tiger put £4m+ in this year so an odd million or so difference doesn’t mean anything but suits what you put, it will take £5m to get out of this league with no return, how much to stay in the championship £30m with little return, chuck in a nice new stadium and surrounding retail outlets say another £70m-£100m, yes the plan is clear as day and those nice Business men will supply us with a stadium FOC, great news that?

You've just thrown figures out there for the sake of it, but even if they were anywhere near accurate, look how much our current board are worth?

It would be the same as me buying the new shirt!!!

We dont know. But Tohir I believe has built stadiums elsewhere so has experience.
Because we dint know doesn't mean that there could be a solution.
At a guess, leisure facilities round any new stadium.would be where the profit will be made.
Oxvox has discussions with the Council about the community ownership potential. I am not sure how, but assume that the Council contribute in return for community use of the Stadium / educational facilities etc.
I may be wrong bit assume that there are lots of innovative thoughts in regard to the funding.
Presumably if it is a World Class stadium the plan will be to use it for other events generating other income.
NM mentions MK Don's stadium. I wonder how this was funded (the model sounds sensible?)

I’m aware of how the community trust idea was set out in DE tenure, the problem was that he didn’t get a share so threw his toys out the pram and scuppered any movement on it, started arbitration around the same time to really mess that plan up.
I like what I’m hearing but can’t see or have heard any real substance behind what is being put out, my opinion it’s all a little far fetched but here’s hoping.

You've just thrown figures out there for the sake of it, but even if they were anywhere near accurate, look how much our current board are worth?

It would be the same as me buying the new shirt!!!

No, they are the accepted figures of getting out of this league and staying in the championship, I agree the last figure is a guess and could be a lot higher depending on how much retail and leisure outlets they can squeeze around the new stadium, there will be minimum parking if they can set up another money opportunity, regardless of their wealth they want to make money and the figures counteract the pretty picture you are trying to paint.

No, they are the accepted figures of getting out of this league and staying in the championship, I agree the last figure is a guess and could be a lot higher depending on how much retail and leisure outlets they can squeeze around the new stadium, there will be minimum parking if they can set up another money opportunity, regardless of their wealth they want to make money and the figures counteract the pretty picture you are trying to paint.

And in other news, it might rain tomorrow and we're all going to die anyway!!

It's all guess work, and we can make up negative scenarios or we can look at what could be. I prefer to look at the positives, especially when there is so much to look forward to.

And in other news, it might rain tomorrow and we're all going to die anyway!!

It's all guess work, and we can make up negative scenarios or we can look at what could be. I prefer to look at the positives, especially when there is so much to look forward to.
Or you could come on a forum and debate the ideas, you are quick to put people down and try and bracket them when it doesn’t go all your way.
Everyone has a different outlook and I’m a realist, you are good at spin so be it, at the moment we are getting sound bites.
It seems the only info coming out of the club publicly or privately stems from one person, so at the moment I will take everything with a pinch of salt..

Nice summary, I wonder what the reality will be, I think tiger put £4m+ in this year so an odd million or so difference doesn’t mean anything but suits what you put, it will take £5m to get out of this league with no return, how much to stay in the championship £30m with little return, chuck in a nice new stadium and surrounding retail outlets say another £70m-£100m, yes the plan is clear as day and those nice Business men will supply us with a stadium FOC, great news that[emoji106]

Maybe read up on what Erick did at dc united for example . Same smallish club, built new stadium, and exit strategy. Its all there clear as day as an example

Will the new stadium be ready for the 2018/19 season?. Previous season will be the last at Ka$$tad as current 25 year licence ends?.

I’m aware of how the community trust idea was set out in DE tenure, the problem was that he didn’t get a share so threw his toys out the pram and scuppered any movement on it, started arbitration around the same time to really mess that plan up.
I like what I’m hearing but can’t see or have heard any real substance behind what is being put out, my opinion it’s all a little far fetched but here’s hoping.
No agree there has been little detail to date.
But to be fair the Board are not micky mouse characters. They have serious form and history.
NM is right to say it wont be easy, but in my view there will never be a better time and it fits in well with the first expiry of the Licence agreement.

Or you could come on a forum and debate the ideas, you are quick to put people down and try and bracket them when it doesn’t go all your way.
Everyone has a different outlook and I’m a realist, you are good at spin so be it, at the moment we are getting sound bites.
It seems the only info coming out of the club publicly or privately stems from one person, so at the moment I will take everything with a pinch of salt..
I've debated a huge amount and showed how a new stadium could be profitable to investors, beneficial to the club and supporting the local community. I've highlighted the experience and wealth of the board and how they've employed the right people to support this project. It's been shown that local authorities are much more supportive of these kind of projects now and that there are positive voices from the council. The club have said on a number of occasions how they want to progress with the stadium but could never rule out remaining at the Kassam, which is the right approach to take. I've debated all of this but you do not hear any of it because you are fixed in a world of negativity. You want action and not words but are not prepared to wait for the actions to come through. Debate is entirely wasted on you.

I've debated a huge amount and showed how a new stadium could be profitable to investors, beneficial to the club and supporting the local community. I've highlighted the experience and wealth of the board and how they've employed the right people to support this project. It's been shown that local authorities are much more supportive of these kind of projects now and that there are positive voices from the council. The club have said on a number of occasions how they want to progress with the stadium but could never rule out remaining at the Kassam, which is the right approach to take. I've debated all of this but you do not hear any of it because you are fixed in a world of negativity. You want action and not words but are not prepared to wait for the actions to come through. Debate is entirely wasted on you.
You haven't shown anything, you seemed have entered the fantasy world of your mate chas, you berated him for his spin approach but follow the same path.
I have also put a rough outline of the costs, I'm not sure how many years you think these guys are going to be around to recoup their outlay?
So you state we are a year into our search, how long before anything acceptable is found, how long before a new stadium comes to fruition, how long before they recoup their money.
I would love the dream to come true, but if its stuck out in the sticks with a retail park around it I would struggle to see what community it would be helping.

Maybe read up on what Erick did at dc united for example . Same smallish club, built new stadium, and exit strategy. Its all there clear as day as an example
Ok it should be so simple then, can't wait.

I would love the dream to come true, but if its stuck out in the sticks with a retail park around it I would struggle to see what community it would be helping.

Tsk. The investor community of course. It's not being done for our benefit.

Back
Top Bottom