A New World Class Community Stadium For The U’s

A once in a lifetime opportunity says Niall McWilliams.
Not sure what to make of that? When I first saw the headline I got really excited and thought something substantial was finally happening but then on reading it I realised it’s just NM giving his thoughts and wishes. He even says at one point that the club might end up staying at the Kassam.. There’s not really any substance to it at all when you pick the bones of it, just the OM filling some space during quiet season.

Is it really wise timing for NM to be talking about his dreams for a new stadium when we’re in the middle of negotiations for a better situation with FK..?

Not sure what to make of that? When I first saw the headline I got really excited and thought something substantial was finally happening but then on reading it I realised it’s just NM giving his thoughts and wishes. He even says at one point that the club might end up staying at the Kassam.. There’s not really any substance to it at all when you pick the bones of it, just the OM filling some space during quiet season.

Is it really wise timing for NM to be talking about his dreams for a new stadium when we’re in the middle of negotiations for a better situation with FK..?

Especially when last week NM said next to no progress had been made on other sites!

this teasing us in the media with vague hints at the possibility of a new stadium is a bit annoying really, us fans can speculate and dream but that's what fans do about all aspects of the club - from the club officials I would prefer them to just stick to the bloomin facts and certainties.

this teasing us in the media with vague hints at the possibility of a new stadium is a bit annoying really, us fans can speculate and dream but that's what fans do about all aspects of the club - from the club officials I would prefer them to just stick to the bloomin facts and certainties.

How do u know it isn’t?

Not sure it is just NM giving his thoughts and wishes.
There is clearly a lot of work going into this. The Board appears to have been made up with the ground in mind.
NM explains the plan (with a hotel and conference centre subsidising the club)
It seems that fir the first time since we moved to the Kassam the club are serious about trying to move away.
Sure there is no detail but I assume that a lot of effort is going into this.

Here we go again, NM speaks and says. . . . nothing.

When is the club going to sort this out? If there is some real factual news on the stadium, or anything else for that matter, then fine, let's have a proper press release. This sort of non news is so poor.

Lot of aspirations, which is good, but I get the feeling not a lot of meaningful progress.

There’s no doubt that there are some big hitters on the board and perhaps this now is a once in a lifetime opportunity, however as NM says if it was easy it would’ve been done before.

The bit I find most interesting is the clear reference to finding a home in Oxfordshire not just within in the city.

“I cannot see how a county as big and as affluent as this when you look at this unbelievable business opportunity that we will not be able to find an alternative home in this county.”

For over a year, people have been demanding a plan from the club. Today, we have seen that with the kit launch, promotion and success on the pitch is a very real target. With this report we can also see the determination to have a stadium we can call our own. From day one, the make up of the board has been towards developing the Kassam or building a new stadium. This only confirms that this is still very much the intent, with reasons why a new build would be better long term, but recognising that this will be a long and difficult process.

So, the plan that everyone is so desperate for is;

• Success on the pitch
  • Owning our own stadium with community usage and addition revenue streams
  • Invest in youth development
  • Introduce u23's to bridge gap to first team
  • Develop training facilities
  • Return to successful business model of buying young talent and developing into potential saleable assets
The first two have been spoken of today, and those saying that action speaks louder than words, we can only possibly wait and see. The bottom 4 are all in place and continue to be supported.

Honestly, what more do some of our fans want?

He needs to straighten his tie and get a decent suit that fits if he`s "representing a world class brand".
Planning & approval for such things take decades & have many obstacles along the way, look at all the other failed/killed the club "great stadium projects".
If they`ve got that much cash buy the Kassam & finish it.

Here we go again, NM speaks and says. . . . nothing.

When is the club going to sort this out? If there is some real factual news on the stadium, or anything else for that matter, then fine, let's have a proper press release. This sort of non news is so poor.

I agree.

That said, when nothing is heard from the club plenty are quick to complain about being left in the dark.

I honestly don't think the club can win with this.

He needs to straighten his tie and get a decent suit that fits if he`s "representing a world class brand".
Planning & approval for such things take decades & have many obstacles along the way, look at all the other failed/killed the club "great stadium projects".
If they`ve got that much cash buy the Kassam & finish it.
Decades?!

Back
Top Bottom