Home Match Day Thread 9 games in Feb!!

jayhi1810

Wow. Goes to show how great our season has been with the cup runs but will we be victims of our own success?
Other teams have 6 or 7 max in Feb.
We need our injured players back and new signings to bed in asap.
Feb looks like it will define our season!

This is what it's about. Win the home games and draw away will do nicely.

One problem is that after tonights games we will probably end up ninth. Though with one, two, or even three games in hand. That should help a bit.

Surely if we have more actual games the club will just cut back on the midweek training sessions that would normally have taken place - or at least dial back the physical intensity of them? If Eddie Izzard can run 20 marathons back to back (or whatever it was), fit young men can play two games of football in a week. Some of them have been malingering on the treatment table anyway ;)

The slightly silly thing is that if we don't beat Newcastle, we'll have 9 games in the 29 days of February, and then only 9 games in March & April (61 days) combined.

Can't help but think that we would have been better off rescheduling at least one of our games (maybe Accrington?) for later in the season.

Oh well, at least we have plenty of rotation options in the middle of the park........

One problem is that after tonights games we will probably end up ninth. Though with one, two, or even three games in hand. That should help a bit.

fingers crossed as Lincoln & Wimbledon’s home form isn’t bad. Think Lincoln 5 wins out of 6, no defeats.

Am I right in thinking Henry, Brannagan and possibly Taylor could be back in the next few games. Will be a massive boost for the team going into this busy period of fixtures.

Am I right in thinking Henry, Brannagan and possibly Taylor could be back in the next few games. Will be a massive boost for the team going into this busy period of fixtures.
I think that it was mentioned that they could be fit Saturday.

This is what it's about. Win the home games and draw away will do nicely.

I think we need to win over half the remaining fixtures to be comfortably in them playoffs so 10/18 games left say 4 draws & 4 defeats that 75 points on the board, but it’s even more vital to try & nick wins away to the sides in & around us who are in the mix (Peterborough Burton Ipswich Wycombe Coventry)

Just make sure we are in the mix for the final 10 games. If we are in that position we can have a good go.

February will be tricky, but I suspect the big boys will be on their way back along with Thorne/Kelly fully fit...we might see a fully fit squad good to go

Just make sure we are in the mix for the final 10 games. If we are in that position we can have a good go.

February will be tricky, but I suspect the big boys will be on their way back along with Thorne/Kelly fully fit...we might see a fully fit squad good to go

What a thought! A fully fit squad. And those two CMs are considered by many to be Championship standard players.

If we could have JUST added Jerry Yates as a 4th striking option...

What a thought! A fully fit squad. And those two CMs are considered by many to be Championship standard players.

If we could have JUST added Jerry Yates as a 4th striking option...

Don't think Yates is possible because he has played for Swindon and Rotherham.

Back
Top Bottom