£9.99 per match?

Ian

I'm looking at how to watch the games. A day of Sky Sports is £9.99, a month is £33.99. I have no interest in watching sport beyond the Oxford games.

Whilst Sky Sports offers a weekly pass for £14.99, which would cover 2 games, NOWtv doesn't.

In the current crisis, £9.99 is a bit steep for 90mins of football. I could watch two movies at the cinema for that - and have change for a beer.

When several waged adults are watching the TV, the cost isn't so great per person, but for those watching alone.

I think the pricing forgets the situation we find ourselves in. The price was £7.99 last year. Still a tad expensive, but I paid it.

I could watch the first game on either Sky or NOW, but the second game, I think I'm restricted to NOW.

What are the thoughts of others? I guess some will say "bargain", some will be struggling with everyday living costs...

Hopefully we have three games.

Home and away leg for less than a tenner on Now TV.

• React
Reactions: Ian
If there was no alternative, I'd pay triple that to see my beloved Oxford promoted.

I've paid £33 for a NowTV month pass, using tesco clubcard vouchers, so £11 effectively. With that I can't wait to watch the F! this weekend etc.

Do I have to have a NOWTV account already?
Do I have to have a cdkeys account?
and I can watch on any computer with wi-fi and/or the Xbox?

Xbox has the Now Tv app...so you can download that then put in your login details

Xbox has the Now Tv app...so you can download that then put in your login details
Does it?
OK, I'll investigate later, if I can keep the kids off it long enough...

PS - which log-in details and where?

No - make one if you don't already have one.

No - you can checkout using PayPal without having an account (that’s what I did and received my code instantly).

Xbox/PS4/Roku and some smart TVs have the NowTV app.

Last edited:
Does it?
OK, I'll investigate later, if I can keep the kids off it long enough...

PS - which log-in details and where?
Well, b#gg#r me, it does - and Netflix (though I havent got an account for that either)

I've just set up a NOWTV account with a FRee cinema pass for a week, so I'll try to get that working tonight (to get the Missus onboard).
Then if I get this thing from cdkeys, will I need to activate that via my account on the NOWTV website OR while on nowTV on the Xbox?

NOt sure my brain is going to handle all this -

Then if I get this thing from cdkeys, will I need to activate that via my account on the NOWTV website OR while on nowTV on the Xbox?
Usually all of your passes and codes are input using the main website - as soon as it’s done via that then it’ll just work across all the apps where you watch it.

No - make one if you don't already have one.

No - you can checkout using PayPal without having an account (that’s what I did and received my code instantly).

Xbox/PS4/Roku and some smart TVs have the NowTV app.

Can you just use the NowTV website to watch it?

I don’t own an Xbox, PlayStation etc so do the CDKeys passes work on the Now TV website?

It seems odd that NowTV don’t offer week passes themselves.

Usually all of your passes and codes are input using the main website - as soon as it’s done via that then it’ll just work across all the apps where you watch it.
Excellent.
Final question - will the 'week' start from when I (a) buy the pass from cdkeys; (b) enter the code on the website; or (c) when I start watching the first game?

Excellent.
Final question - will the 'week' start from when I (a) buy the pass from cdkeys; (b) enter the code on the website; or (c) when I start watching the first game?
I THINK that your pass doesn’t start ticking down until you first access the channel rather than when you buy it, but I can’t say for sure. Maybe to be sure don’t buy the pass until the day of the game?

Cheapest option I have found is getting an ESPN+ monthly subscription which cost me £4.30 while using a VPN set to the USA.

Express VPN allows you to do a month money back guarantee so simply message them before end of month and you get refunded.

Image below shows me on there and the Oxford game scheduled for Friday.

1593624330745.png

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
I THINK that your pass doesn’t start ticking down until you first access the channel rather than when you buy it, but I can’t say for sure. Maybe to be sure don’t buy the pass until the day of the game?

That's correct. It'll ask you, when you come to watch the game, if you want to activate the pass. Until then, it just shows as ’ready to use’ on your account. ?

Can you just use the NowTV website to watch it?

I don’t own an Xbox, PlayStation etc so do the CDKeys passes work on the Now TV website?

It seems odd that NowTV don’t offer week passes themselves.
I bought a week sports pass off their site last night, ready to activate Friday. It was in a different tab rather than the promoted screen.

I've just purchased this - I have received the CD Key, but when I click to register on NOWTV, I have to pay for another pass to register?

Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom