+++ 9/7/18 Portmarnock v OUFC +++

1-3 Napa. Pleased for him. Hope KR has got him on the weights to bulk up.

My well oiled mate just asked what the score is vs Porthmadog hmmm. I blame the world cup

5-1 with Shaun Derry scoring a penalty after the crowd called for him to take it instead of Owen James. 30 seconds later he got booked for a wild challenge.

Nice moment I bet. 1-5 Not bad for a squad lacking 4/5 attacking players.

Rob Hall had proper bantz on the official twitter feed. I didn't understand most of it, mind, but there was some good info in there.

Rob Hall had proper bantz on the official twitter feed. I didn't understand most of it, mind, but there was some good info in there.

“basically bare man come off”. Hah hah hah.

What's it like over there in Ireland anybody over there?

any reports on how we’re playing? Any stand out players? Appeared baptiste had a stormer

any reports on how we’re playing? Any stand out players? Appeared baptiste had a stormer

Movement noticeably better across the park, McMahon looks good attacking, Little a good runner (James too). Stevens pulled off two cracking saves yesterday. Brannagan was excellent in the first game, his movement and touches were a level above. Obika in the middle by himself is holding the ball well, but missed a couple of sitters before his goals last night.

Standout performances for me from Baptiste and Napa. Baptiste an awesome runner with the ball, maybe better than Rothwell, and the 3 assists yesterday show how eager to get forward he is. If he keeps it up he'll be first team by end of season.
Napa looks like a new player. Still not as bulky as may be needed, but Robinson has obviously filled the lad with confidence, much more running at defenders and really looks to be enjoying it.

Agree Baptiste & Napa are much improved.
Carruthers looks good.
Norman promising.
Even with our numbers, I think Canice may go out on loan,still unable to do the “basics” well.

If Napa, Baptiste and Little are producing at first team level, then we needn't worry too much about overall numbers coming in. Sure we need proven talent in the first team, but these guys look capable as backup. Perhaps we don't need 8 new guys in overall, but 4/5 really high quality additions.

Back
Top Bottom