Away Match Day Thread +++ 9/3/19 Gillingham v OUFC Matchday Thread +++

Everyone in the bottom end of the table , can be dragged in. so not all bad. Just need to make sure this is just a set back! And get 3 points at Roachdale to move things on.

KR perky and delusional in his post-match interview.

Apparently we played well and aren't conceding goals.

I don't think we were dreadful today, but I also can't remember a clear chance in front of goal....for a change.

KR perky and delusional in his post-match interview.

Apparently we played well and aren't conceding goals.

I don't think we were dreadful today, but I also can't remember a clear chance in front of goal....for a change.
I know i say it regularly (and to be fair i was even saying it in the car on the way home from last weekends game) but he is such a dickhead.

Pretty sickening.

I like the idea of Garbutt making us solid for the first hour and then bringing in Whyte at the end but as others have said, Graham is 1000x more effective on the left and Whyte is such a crucial outlet, he has to start next game. I also don’t think Garbutt provided that much cover to justify his inclusion.

Can’t understand why Henry keeps starting. He has a couple of good moments a game but is clearly off the pace.

Thought Kashi showed more than I’ve seen from him in the past.

We seem to have played ok , maybe not making their keeper work enough. Still 6 points from 3 games which for us is good form. Three points off 14 th in league at mo. Need to win next game tho.

Corners are our downfall at both ends of the pitch.
Its no good Robbo and others saying we were the better side, were unlucky, the ref was poor and so on and so on. Gillingham scored and we didn't, simple and sad as that.
Pressure counts for nothing if you don't score and defend poorly. It's been like it all season we have been in the bottom 5/6 all season, not good enough.

A point would've been nice, but a defeat is disappointing. Still all to play for, and I think deep down we all know our fate is going to be decided by our home games, not our away ones.

Corners are our downfall at both ends of the pitch.
Its no good Robbo and others saying we were the better side, were unlucky, the ref was poor and so on and so on. Gillingham scored and we didn't, simple and sad as that.
Pressure counts for nothing if you don't score and defend poorly. It's been like it all season we have been in the bottom 5/6 all season, not good enough.

Yep. It’s the ‘0’ column that’s the concern after this one. We didn’t create enough and if you don’t add anything in the goals scored column you’re always at risk of losing. Losing to a relegation rival makes it even worse and makes me worry about our run in - I’d rather have Blackpool, Doncaster and Peterborough again as I fancy our chances against them more than Walsall and Wimbledon!

Thirty three points up for grabs. Whats the problem.

Well it's 30, because we only have 10 games left. And we've had 108 points up for grabs in the past 36 games and taken only 39 of them, so I'm not sure this is the best positive argument you could use. Being 3pts behind 14th is probably the one you should go for.

Back
Top Bottom