Away Match Day Thread +++ 9/3/19 Gillingham v OUFC Matchday Thread +++

Eastwood
Long Dickie Nelson Ruffels
Brannagan Mous Sykes
Graham Sinclair Garbutt

Wouldn’t complain if Whyte started over Garbutt but don’t see why we need to change from starting solid with the more defensive outlook. Might not be pretty but it’s been effective and can’t complain about how you get points when we’re in our situation. Henry looks like he needs a rest, Brannagan should be fresh. Dickie has been much improved since he was dropped so hopefully has same effect for Henry.

0-1, Graham.

Very nervous about this one , and deffo do not want to take this one lighty! I would be happy with a 1-1,keep the run going and get 3 points at Roachdale!

I will be watching this sat in with the Gills fans unfortunately. Youngest lives in Chatham so her boyfriend got tickets for the game and we are making a weekend of it, well tonight and tomorrow evening.
2-1 to the yellows with @Oldham sat on his hands ?
The Gills lads , from what I recall are a decent lot of chaps , so I would say a light clap would be fine!

The Gills lads , from what I recall are a decent lot of chaps , so I would say a light clap would be fine!
... and , of course remind em that we hate Swxndxn more than them ;)

... and , of course remind em that we hate Swxndxn more than them ;)
lol , Yes I did know a few of the Gills back in the day , and they do seem to really dislike!

Have a feeling we might shade this one 2-1 dragging Gillingham in to the mire. Don’t think Ricky Holmes will be risked tomorrow

I expect this to be another tough game and not particularly easy on the eye, similar to Blackpool away and our two
home games against Peterborough & Scunthorpe.

Gillingham were very direct at our place, so expect lots of long ball and a reliance on set pieces. Eaves is a big threat and has an outstanding goal scoring record at this level. Our back five will need to be on their game.

I think it will be a 1-1 draw, and to be honest I’d take that.
Goals scorers, Eaves & Sinclair.

Gillingham 1 Oxford United 3 (Whyte 2, Sykes) Att: 5887 and 809 Yellows fans. This will not be a 'classic' of a game, but the shenanegans going around will catch the eye. Ricky Holmes will be picked to play for them, but get injured when the ref tosses the coin and it hits him in his eye. Eastwood will injure his finger while playing paper, rock, scissors, just before kick-off and play one-handed. Henry will fracture his coccyx after falling on the ball. One of the linesmen will dislocate his clavicle after lifting his flag up too quickly. An over-sexed falcon will land in the directors' box and attack Tiger, who makes a rare appearance. Nelson and Ruffles will get into a punch-up at half-time, over 'who has a go' at the team Filipina lady. A dog will run onto the pitch. A man who looks uncannily like Curse-him will be spotted at the ground and the Oxford fans will chant obscene songs about him. When they realise he's not you-know-who, they will have a whip-round and buy him a pint and kabbab after the match. The referee (Mr. R. Sole) will book five players from both sides. Because of this win, Robinson will apply for the still-vacant position of Man. U manager. He will be refused the men's team job, but considered for the new women's team. After the sex-starved falcon leaves the directors' box, they will discover an egg that it layed. A tornado will strike the town centre at lunch time and destroy everything. The locals will all agree that the place looks better for it. That just about does it for me. COYY

Keep it tight and then either Graham or Whyte off the bench to tear them apart for the last 20.

Hoping for a win but will take a point. Will go for one all (Nelson) but maybe with a late winner from Browne.

Really not sure on this one, Eaves you would think is going to score against us at some point, so that might be today. We are in pretty good nick though to be fair. A disciplined performance please.

2-2 Sinclair Brannagan

DvIWnriWoAA_SXY

Played for both include: John Mousinho, Colin Greenall, Simon King, Colin Duncan, Paul Shaw, Peter Foley,
Manny Omoyinmi, Lewis Montrose and Josh Parker.

Back
Top Bottom