Home Match Day Thread +++ 9/10/18 OUFC v Northampton Town +++

I'd rather they wait until Easty is pain free. Pain is the body's message system. Appreciate some outfield players play with pain management but goalkeepers are different.

For me, tonight is all about game time for those who need it and not picking up or aggravating injuries. On a plus note this match comes at a good time for Shandon after serving his ban ...... unless there is some absurd rule that prevents him playing. Look at the Hanson suspension!

I'd rather they wait until Easty is pain free. Pain is the body's message system. Appreciate some outfield players play with pain management but goalkeepers are different.

For me, tonight is all about game time for those who need it and not picking up or aggravating injuries. On a plus note this match comes at a good time for Shandon after serving his ban ...... unless there is some absurd rule that prevents him playing. Look at the Hanson suspension!
Well he has apparently been cleared medically. Hopefully he remains fit as he is a huge player for us.
Mitchell did little wrong but at his best Eastwood makes saves that look impossible and he will improve us.

I think with Eastwood's injury and where he apparently is physically at the moment, that he should be on the bench or start and play part of the match. The risk of him getting physically or mentally damaged in this nothing game would be catastrophic IMO

I think with Eastwood's injury and where he apparently is physically at the moment, that he should be on the bench or start and play part of the match. The risk of him getting physically or mentally damaged in this nothing game would be catastrophic IMO
The alternative is that he gets risks in a nothing U23 game?
Or a nothing training session?
If he has been OKed medically then I would have thought it better him.play a nothing game that being thrown into a League game?
Not that I am a medical expert whose view hopefully the club and player are listening to.

The alternative is that he gets risks in a nothing U23 game?
Or a nothing training session?
If he has been OKed medically then I would have thought it better him.play a nothing game that being thrown into a League game?
Not that I am a medical expert whose view hopefully the club and player are listening to.
Nothing under 23s and training don't have the possibility of pens at the end, this game does, and at this stage rehabilitation I would doubt that's a good thing. But as you say the player club and medical staff will decide.

Wonder if Eastwood might be captain tonight.

Have a feeling he’ll take on the armband for the rest of the season unless Nelson does the unexpected and signs a new deal.

Personally I’d rather have an outfield player as captain for game management reasons given that technically only they can speak with the ref but Robinson has, I seem to recall, suggested that our GK could get the nod.

£10 to watch a reserve team game? They are having a laugh there!

£10 to watch a reserve team game? They are having a laugh there!
Only parts of the breeze block open to home fans? ....no home fans allowed in north stand or ssl fence end/west end, and possibly not ssu fence/west end either? .....being a localish game with hordes of notorious cobblers fans err awl likely to turn up,in numbers, its expected that the infamous riot fence will be in place for this clash of titans.... those going take care post match outside the quadrangle, at night games it can be scary & dangerous in the unlit narrow walkway there apparently....especially when it's a big crowd and stewards n club officials allow the away team coach to park outside there too early and very badly, unchallenged ! :eek:

Stevens
Long Raglan Nelson Garbutt
Baptiste Mous Ruffels
Henry
Obika Smith

Would rather see Stevens make his debut rather than risk Eastwood, hopefully Raglan gets some minutes as well

Stevens
Long Raglan Nelson Garbutt
Baptiste Mous Ruffels
Henry
Obika Smith

Would rather see Stevens make his debut rather than risk Eastwood, hopefully Raglan gets some minutes as well
That would do - maybe one or more of the young strikers come off the bench later on too.
Would like to think that if Eastwood DID start then he would be subbed before the pens (what a way for Stevens to make his debut/spend his entire OUFC career)

Back
Top Bottom