Home Match Day Thread +++ 9/10/18 OUFC v Northampton Town +++

I hate this competition but I think it is a very important game for us now. Loose and confidence will be lower than your grannies tits. Win and we could be saying that our season has started. And some much needed confidence for Saturdays must win game. COYY

I agree. On paper should be an easy game (I dared say that). I win in any shape will do wonders.

Is there a possibility of Lopez or Spasov playing tomorrow, I see they were injured recently

Are Bradbury and Little eligible for this competition - if fit?
Interesting question.... so many 'rule ' changes in this competition, I don't know, i do hope the club know which rules n regs apply

;)o_O
Interesting question.... so many 'rule ' changes in this competition, I don't know, i do hope the club know which rules n regs apply

I don't really care if we don't as the benefit could be getting thrown out. :geek:

Does anybody know the rules re how many have to have played or been in the 18 in the last game?
There is actually a whole string of ways to qualify as one of the ones that HAS to play - basically they have to be in the starting XI for the previous league game OR the next league game OR have made 40+ league appearances (across their whole career) OR be on loan from a Category 1 academy OR be in the top ten/dozen appearances for the club this season - in other words, I think every single player that has appeared for us so far this league season counts, therefore we could potentially play 4/5 debutants and still meet the requirements.

There is actually a whole string of ways to qualify as one of the ones that HAS to play - basically they have to be in the starting XI for the previous league game OR the next league game OR have made 40+ league appearances (across their whole career) OR be on loan from a Category 1 academy OR be in the top ten/dozen appearances for the club this season - in other words, I think every single player that has appeared for us so far this league season counts, therefore we could potentially play 4/5 debutants and still meet the requirements.
Well that's good.

It sounded like Eastwood and Carruthers may play. Also it is likely that that Garbutt, Hanson, Norman, Raglan, Smith will get some game time.

Can’t be bothered to go but will follow online, just about the first home game I will have missed in years. I hope we can give some of the U23 guys a game somehow.

presume we can watch this online for a tenner? Should be a special rate!

Confirmed on RO this morning that Eastwood will get game time tonight. I hope people don’t suddenly believe that that will be the catalyst for a magical rise up the table. He says he’s still feeling some pain in the finger and there will also be the psychological issues to overcome. I can only guess how it must feel for him to dive down to low shots after what happened to him.

I’d also hope that young Jonathan Mitchell is shown the respect he deserves in the time he’s still with us and gets the appreciation he deserves. Yes there’s been some ups and downs but he’s a young keeper who had massive gloves to fill at a time when he had little more than a shambles in front of him. Despite that he pulled off some memorable saves and stuck manfully to his task, never hiding once. I hope he goes on to have a great career in the game. Thanks for your efforts Jonathan.

Think this game will actually be quite useful for us right now, any extra game time for us is a bonus provided we don't completely rotate the squad.

Back
Top Bottom