Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
'allowed' posh to team foul / kick huge lumps out of Browne

'allowed' Toney to get away with absolutely disgraceful antics

took way to long to send off scummer Thompson

3/10 from me

A disgrace. Slow, obviously unfit, not in control of the game and let's say inconsistent (but i mean biased). A generous 1,

A disgrace. Slow, obviously unfit, not in control of the game and let's say inconsistent (but i mean biased). A generous 1,

Biased to whom? you could argue Mous could have seen red for a push when their's was through on goal and did not even give a foul. I know Thompson is a scummer but that was not even a yellow let alone a red, it was a foul nothing more and it's disappointing to see "our" players surrounding the official.

I accept the ref was not great but to suggest he was biased is crazy.

I thought the attempted "tackle" which got Thompson his first booking could/should have been a red, was only going for the man

Biased to whom? you could argue Mous could have seen red for a push when their's was through on goal and did not even give a foul. I know Thompson is a scummer but that was not even a yellow let alone a red, it was a foul nothing more and it's disappointing to see "our" players surrounding the official.

I accept the ref was not great but to suggest he was biased is crazy.
Biased to Peterborough. He wasn't great anyway (as you say he missed loads), but some of the free kicks he gave to them (and didn't give the equivalent to us) were frankly ridiculous - especially in the first half. I do wonder whether the fourth official had a word at half time and that accounts for some of the non-decisions in the second.He was awful.

Watched the officials warm up pre match and the ref didn’t look fit enough. His decision making was slow and laboured. It seemed to take 10 minutes for the game to re start after the sending off. Peterborough ran the clock down easily in last 20 minutes, mainly due to the official abdicating responsibility for booking time wasters.

There is a bigger gap in the standard of refereeing between prem and league 1 then there is in the actual football.

Biased to Peterborough. He wasn't great anyway (as you say he missed loads), but some of the free kicks he gave to them (and didn't give the equivalent to us) were frankly ridiculous - especially in the first half. I do wonder whether the fourth official had a word at half time and that accounts for some of the non-decisions in the second.He was awful.

if you are to believe that an official can be biased then you may wish to revisit your thought about this ref as he and Ferguson have history

I know Thompson is a scummer but that was not even a yellow let alone a red, it was a foul nothing more and it's disappointing to see "our" players surrounding the official.
I'm not sure what you've been watching. Our players 'surrounded' the referee to remind him that 2 yellows = red. He'd already pulled out the second yellow card before any Oxford players were near him so to suggest we had something to do with it is laughable. However it seemed like he'd forgotten he had already booked Thompson once, hence the remonstrating from us. As for him not deserving the red, have you even seen the first foul on Browne? It's awful and some refs would have given him his marching orders for that alone. High and not even remotely trying to play the ball.

I'm not sure what you've been watching. Our players 'surrounded' the referee to remind him that 2 yellows = red. He'd already pulled out the second yellow card before any Oxford players were near him so to suggest we had something to do with it is laughable. However it seemed like he'd forgotten he had already booked Thompson once, hence the remonstrating from us. As for him not deserving the red, have you even seen the first foul on Browne? It's awful and some refs would have given him his marching orders for that alone. High and not even remotely trying to play the ball.

It matters not whether he should have gone for the first (in relation to the 2nd) , the fact remains that the 2nd yellow was a foul and no more and if that was one of ours we would have been fuming.

Any chance of getting Briggs to put his boots on when we play them and to follow Thompson around for a couple of seconds/minutes, if not do we know where Thompson lives so someone can have a word in Thompson's shell like ?

Last edited:
I bet its somewhere Scummy as an ex Scummer. Wheres Maguire when you need him? He sorted him out at Scumdon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom