Away Match Day Thread 8/1/2022 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else notice Maguire give a little ‘sorry!’ Gesture to the oxford end after hitting the bar first half? Call me a sucker but I quite liked that. Bit of a s**t day all round but amusing little moments like that make travelling to these kinds of games sort of worth it, that connection with the players.

a few other sides had bad days at the office today too
(albeit in the FA cup 3rd round)

Blackpool
Burnley
Blackburn
Newcastle
Reading
(AFC) Wimbledon

Knife through butter springs to mind.
Yes that would be hopeless. McGuane and Sykes are too flakey to anchor the midfield and Henry too slow and attack-minded. You'd expect Forde or Hanson to come into play, or some left field masterstroke such as repurposing Winnall.

You could be right never know with Robbo

KR isn’t really worth talking to on a math day. Before and after the game, he goes off on a ramble often throwing in needless asides and sidetracks and covering twenty topics in 30 seconds. Win or lose, you don’t really get a lot of out of it.

He’s better when he’s calmed down (so typical of scousers) and considers his answers to questions in the five minute forum and midweek interviews rather than the stream of consciousness we tend to get post-match.

KR isn’t really worth talking to on a math day. Before and after the game, he goes off on a ramble often throwing in needless asides and sidetracks and covering twenty topics in 30 seconds. Win or lose, you don’t really get a lot of out of it.

He’s better when he’s calmed down (so typical of scousers) and considers his answers to questions in the five minute forum and midweek interviews rather than the stream of consciousness we tend to get post-match.
I agree ... things he says dont add up on math days ;)

Today showed why an alternative striker is an absolute must this window. When our passing goes to s**t, and when Matty is having an off day, we need to be able to launch balls into the box and hope. We simply can't do that at present.
We always have hope!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom