Matches 74 points is the holy grail

This thread is telling us that 74 points is literally the ‘Holy Grail’. However, within it, there are also people saying that we won’t even need 74 points, a lower number than that will be enough for us to nab that final playoff spot... and yet, elsewhere on the forum, some are ALSO saying actually if we win our final four games and finish on 77 points, that might not be enough!!!

I’ve had enough of this, can someone please tell me how many points we need to be in the playoffs?! There’s only four games left for heavens sake! 😭😂
Id like to help...but maths was never my strong point :rolleyes:

I think if we win our remaining 4 games, there's likely to be 2 or 3 more games to come, after the next 4

This thread is telling us that 74 points is literally the ‘Holy Grail’. However, within it, there are also people saying that we won’t even need 74 points, a lower number than that will be enough for us to nab that final playoff spot... and yet, elsewhere on the forum, some are ALSO saying actually if we win our final four games and finish on 77 points, that might not be enough!!!

I’ve had enough of this, can someone please tell me how many points we need to be in the playoffs?! There’s only four games left for heavens sake! 😭😂
Spoiler: it depends what the other teams do. As we’ve played more games we can win them all and still miss out

Spoiler: it depends what the other teams do. As we’ve played more games we can win them all and still miss out

But none of the teams mentioned that have games in hand on us have won the last 4 games in a row let alone winning the next 4/5 when there is even more pressure on them. Win the remaining 4 we will be in the play offs, win 3 and lose 1 we still might get in them.

All I know is that although Swin**n aren’t technically relegated, a possible 49 points won’t be the “Holy Grail” to keep them up 🤣🤣🤣

It all depends on how well you think Pompey are going to do (or if Blackpool or Lincoln have a catastrophic season's end and come back to us - but I think that's unlikely as they both have at least a couple of winnable games, and that's all they need to get to 74/75.......woah mid-nineties flashback.....dammit, that's going to be playing in my head all morning.......)!

On paper, Pompey's fixtures are a piece of cake - Scum away, Rovers at home, Accrington away, Wombles away, Accrington at home.

But they've been playing so poorly for the last six weeks or so, they might be able to lose to anyone right now!

It all depends on how well you think Pompey are going to do (or if Blackpool or Lincoln have a catastrophic season's end and come back to us - but I think that's unlikely as they both have at least a couple of winnable games, and that's all they need to get to 74/75.......woah mid-nineties flashback.....dammit, that's going to be playing in my head all morning.......)!

On paper, Pompey's fixtures are a piece of cake - Scum away, Rovers at home, Accrington away, Wombles away, Accrington at home.

But they've been playing so poorly for the last six weeks or so, they might be able to lose to anyone right now!
a draw and a coupla defeats would be good

Just for you:

Do agree, but have got half an eye on Lincoln - still got Posh away, Hull, Charlton away, Burton away and Wimbledon. That’s not a great run in.

74/75 points is high for 6th place, whether it’s Lincoln or Pompey who end up around there, I’m pretty convinced 3 wins and a draw would do it.

Currently I'd say it's between ourselves, Portsmouth and Charlton for 6th position.

I'd put Portsmouth as favourites looking at their remaining fixtures, then us, and Charlton as outsiders as they have a difficult run in.

I'd go with the following prediction:
6. Portsmouth 77 pts
7. Oxford 75 pts
8. Charlton 73 pts.

Doncaster still could, but they are in bad form and quite a few games against teams near the top to play.

As mentioned, Lincoln could still miss out. Currently have 69 points and I could see them only getting another six to end up on 75, but with a worse GD than us! Need Sean Clare to do us a favour this evening.

Looking at remaining fixtures for everyone, and going by how unpredictable things are and have been, its to close to call. Its changing so much after each set of fixtures. Simple for us just win all 4 and we will be there. As for the other playoff positions who knows and quite frankly i dont care.

Whatever happens, its going to be an enjoyable end to the season!
Never easy being a U's fan lol
COYY

Looking at remaining fixtures and current league position.
I think we need Blackpool to lose at least two of their six games and/or Portsmouth to lose one of their five, and Charlton to lose two of their six (which is possible with matches vs Peterbrough, Lincoln and Hull)

Looking at remaining fixtures and current league position.
I think we need Blackpool to lose at least two of their six games and/or Portsmouth to lose one of their five, and Charlton to lose two of their six (which is possible with matches vs Peterbrough, Lincoln and Hull)
So I don’t understand why some are suggesting 4 wins for us will be enough.

So we could, mathematically, win all 4 and still finish outside of the playoffs?

That would be pretty bad luck given that we would have won literally 50% of all our league games, and have a massive 77 points - yet not be in the playoffs!?

Back
Top Bottom