Matches 74 points is the holy grail

Can you imagine the meltdown on here if we do that and lose out by 2 points or less.

Oxford 1 (Taylor 72), Burton 1 (Clare 90+7) followed by a Max Power style knee slide in front of Karl Robinson who gets banned for life due to his reaction.

Surely we won't be letting their most consistent high performer play against us?

Also we do have a tough game on Saturday against Shrewsbury

At least our players have a whole week to prepare, and that’s an advantage, because the other three chasing clubs must play on Tuesday,

Shrewsbury also play on Tuesday at home to Lincoln. So let’s hope they are worn out come Saturday, and a couple of injuries for them may help us.

It may be catching up with certain squads, having to keep playing Sat/tues,sat/tues etc.

Surely we won't be letting their most consistent high performer play against us?
Not sure where you got that from?
I saw a ratings site that had him as their 5th best player.

It's pretty standard practice that players out on loan won't play their parent clubs so I think we can rest easy on that front, Hemmings on the other hand will fancy bagging a few goals against us no doubt, it won't be an easy game!

From the Blackpool site:

“...but our season is still alive, which after the first 7 games few would have thought it possible.”

I’ve heard that before!
In 1990's Gladiator styley.....

League One....... you will go on my first whistle

Blackpool....... you will go on my 7th whistle

Oxford.......... stay where you are son, you're going no where for 16 bloody whistles!!!

I can't see us winning the last two AND other results going our way, we're just not that lucky. And if we did get in the playoffs we'd need to improve on this:
20210425_204541.jpg

It comes to this:

We have to win both our games
AND
two of Blackpool, Portsmouth and Charlton have to each mess up badly in their final games.

Both Blackpool and Charlton lost at home yesterday. So that's a good start!

Yet it all still feels just out of reach.......

Let other teams worry. I’d rather the weight of expectation lay there than with us. Right now I’d rather points on the board than games in hand.

Also we do have a tough game on Saturday against Shrewsbury
Absolutely correct - they have just won away at Blackpool, one of our rivals - I have a horrible feeling what the other teams do may not matter........we are 6/5 against with the bookies to win that game alone and we need to win that one and the last game to have any chance at all.

Let other teams worry. I’d rather the weight of expectation lay there than with us. Right now I’d rather points on the board than games in hand.
Really? At this end of the table where teams in general do tend to pick up points?

I'd rather be on the same points as us with the same goal difference with two games in hand - Blackpool.

I'd rather be on the same points as us with one game in hand and a worse goal difference - Portsmouth

I'd rather be two points behind us with two games in hand and a worse goal difference - Charlton

The bookies also agree with that assessment:

Tuesday score-watching could be a nervous experience!

Back
Top Bottom