Home Match Day Thread +++ 7/12/2019 OUFC V Shrewsbury Town +++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
At last, a home game.... we're ten unbeaten in League 1, but have a stand in keeper on loan ( poor Jack stevens- good enough to be back up to Easty, but not deemed to be good enough to actually deputise for Easty!) ... weve got two former OUFC players as Mananger n assistant of the Shrews, ( Ricketts & Whitehead) returning tomorrow... tighter than expected ... 3-2 home win

isn’t it against shrewsbury that Ruffels gets late goals?
2-1 and the start of another unbeaten run

Archer
Cadden Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Hanson
Henry Forde
Sykes Taylor Fosu​

Going to be a tough game with so many out injured/suspended. Could really do with Brannigan back ASAP. Hope the mystery extra injury isn’t too bad and isn’t to Henry or Fosu as at the moment we don’t really have replacements for either!

Really hoping we can scrape a win to keep the good run going.

I can see this being a real rest of resilience for the team. Injuries and suspensions have left quite a gap in midfield. Shrews will undoubtedly try to capitalise on any shortcomings.
Would like to see us fast out of the blocks and high press to force an early goal.

Worried about the amount of injuries and Gorrin missing. Midfield will be weakest we've put out for a long while in a league game.
Shrews are on a decent run so a tough game on the cards. If we come through with a result it will be a big plus for the squad and manager. Hope the mystery injury is not another key player.

Ditto to all of the above, I would take a scrappy 1-0 all day long tomorrow. The disruption of the keeper situation and no Gorrin makes me a bit uneasy but we still have enough firepower to overcome this you would hope. I think Mous in a DM role is a given, I'm not sure about Forde in there too maybe start with him with a view to bringing Hanson on later, or t'other way around. Gut feel is a tough 1-1 with Fosu scoring.

I fear the worst for tomorrow unfortunately. Too many injuries, new keeper etc against an on form team. Think itll be 2 nil to them.

Ditto to all of the above, I would take a scrappy 1-0 all day long tomorrow. The disruption of the keeper situation and no Gorrin makes me a bit uneasy but we still have enough firepower to overcome this you would hope. I think Mous in a DM role is a given, I'm not sure about Forde in there too maybe start with him with a view to bringing Hanson on later, or t'other way around. Gut feel is a tough 1-1 with Fosu scoring.
Pretty much this. Gorrin will be a big miss, and the midfield has been a little pedestrian without Cam. We haven’t been fluent lately so a disappointing draw. Very very important not to lose before the City, MKD and Wycombe games.

Shearer
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Henry Mous Forde
Sykes Taylor Fosu

2-1, Taylor + Henry

Shearer
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Henry Mous Forde
Sykes Taylor Fosu

2-1, Taylor + Henry
Spot on Lineup apart from Shearer?!! C’mon we’ve got a young keeper who needs to step up and an experienced replacement in Archer who I think should be on the bench as cover for Stevens.

Shrewsbury have conceded the same number of goals as us in the league (19 in 17 games) but have only scored a measly 16 times, compared to our 37.
They play very defensively and Ricketts is not popular. His old OUFC pal, Dean Whitehead, joined him just 3 weeks ago.
3-1 home win.

This a really hard one to predict. Oxford United 2 (Fosu, Henry) Shrewsbury 1 Att: 8006 with 434 Shrews fans. Jeffrey (whatever) Archer will have a blinder in goal. He'll get injured and Jack will take over after 54 minutes. Henry and Ruffles will argue about who takes the kick off at the start. A dog will run onto the pitch. An owl will fly into the directors' box, but because we haven't played at home since last spring, will fly away again, after not recognising anyone. KR will get booked for making a rude gesture towards the ref, who deserves it. Both of the floodlights behind the open end will be blown down and land in the car park. We will get a penalty and Archer will demand to take it, saying it was part of the deal we had to agree in him coming here on loan. He will blast the ball over the roof of the East Stand. The fans in the South Stand Upper will sing rude football songs, hoping to be accepted by the more vociferous fans in the East Stand. The ball will burst in the second half. That just about does it for me. COYY

Can't make tomorrow as I have committed to a westend booze up but I am going for a 2.1 win for the U's!

Spot on Lineup apart from Shearer?!! C’mon we’ve got a young keeper who needs to step up and an experienced replacement in Archer who I think should be on the bench as cover for Stevens.
This is NoT the moment! Archer most certainly between the sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom