Home Match Day Thread +++ 7/12/2019 OUFC V Shrewsbury Town +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the Christmas madness, work commitments mean I'm gonna miss my first home game for several seasons tomorrow, but my team would be:

Stevens
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Henry Mous Forde
Sykes Taylor Fosu

I'd like Stevens to get his chance, he's got the talent, and if he's ever gonna get the experience, then now's the time, but given the amount of injuries and suspensions, the rest of the team surely picks itself at the moment.

Hopefully the outfield players can dominate the game, leaving whoever's in goal very little to do!

Any win will do lads

COYY

Shrewsbury don't score many, and we've generally been pretty tight at the back (even when Eastwood hasn't been at the top of his game). So I think we'll get a clean sheet and will score at least one. Fosu is due a goal, and maybe Taylor too. Oxford 2 nil!

Due to the Christmas madness, work commitments mean I'm gonna miss my first home game for several seasons tomorrow, but my team would be:

Stevens
Henry Mous Forde
Sykes Taylor Fosu

I'd like Stevens to get his chance, he's got the talent, and if he's ever gonna get the experience, then now's the time, but given the amount of injuries and suspensions, the rest of the team surely picks itself at the moment.

Hopefully the outfield players can dominate the game, leaving whoever's in goal very little to do!

Any win will do lads

COYY

Mous won’t play DM and KR said as much a few weeks ago. He’s in for defensive duties only.

Not at all confident about this one at all. Injuries and suspensions have hit us and we need to get over those soon. Draw or narrow Shrewsbury win.

Mous won’t play DM and KR said as much a few weeks ago. He’s in for defensive duties only.

Not at all confident about this one at all. Injuries and suspensions have hit us and we need to get over those soon. Draw or narrow Shrewsbury win.
Yes it is a worry. Forde hinted that he may be asked to play there. I really hope not as I've seen nothing in his game to suggest he likes a tackle!

Injuries or not you'd still hope we would at least get a point tomorrow.
1-0, Taylor.

Totally agree, but it's all on my boss and I plan to drink Covent Garden dry so who can blame me :LOL:
Ok I will give you that......but make sure you skin your boss and let him know he should have organised the next day ?

PLAYED FOR BOTH includes Tyrone Barnett, Steve Biggins, Sam Smith, Nigel Jemson, Joe Skarz, Asa Hall,
Steve Anthrobus, Jon Mitchell, Paul Evans, James Constable and Lee Steele.

CAjUbzfUMAALBCh

Stevens
Henry Mous Forde
Sykes Taylor Fosu

Any win will do lads

COYY
Are you Santa in John Lewis?

Spot on Lineup apart from Shearer?!! C’mon we’ve got a young keeper who needs to step up and an experienced replacement in Archer who I think should be on the bench as cover for Stevens.

I cannot see Archer coming here to be back up to a back up goalkeeper. Stevens doesn't have the confidence of KR, hence the Derby keeper that came straight in during Eastwood's last injury. Stevens outplay is suspect, and he didn't really get anywhere near the penalties on Wednesday.

I cannot see Archer coming here to be back up to a back up goalkeeper. Stevens doesn't have the confidence of KR, hence the Derby keeper that came straight in during Eastwood's last injury. Stevens outplay is suspect, and he didn't really get anywhere near the penalties on Wednesday.
Yes we get it, you don’t like youth players. But you were a bit ‘tasty’ in the 70s

He was moaning at the beginning of last season about Gavin Whyte being untested at this level and Shandon Baptiste being too young!! He's not the greatest judge of players - bless him!!!

Lest we forget the one-man campaign against Faz and Chrissy Allen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom