Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Poor poor poor excuse for a referee ....forde got 3 broken ribs . .... 0 from me

That has to be the most inept, inconsistent performance by a referee seen for a long time.
His control of Shrewsbury’s dark arts was non-existant. They must have kicked the ball away at least 20 times and this fool did nothing.

With teams playing the way Shrewsbury dud in the second half, you need a strong ref to stop the time wasting and cheating.
The ref today was awful in that respect

He had no control of the game and forgot which players he'd told one more foul and you're booked. He rightly booked Dickie, but then let off worse fouls until the point where even he realised he had to book a player as it had got a bit silly - the cheer from the crowd said a lot when the first card came out.

The sort of ref where you feel sorry for some players as they are kicked to bits and the ref just doesn't give a foul unless you fall over and scream.

Thanks, Sarge, for figuring out how to include the -1. I'm surprised, though, that you didn't use it!

I will never understand how officials like this one today, can be allowed to continue in the game.
Whatever assessment is made of officials must, must come out and censor his ignorance of the rules.

He was very poor but that wasn’t the full reason why we didn’t manage many goal attempts. Shrewsbury’s pressing of our players was very impressive. An off day and we still get a point in the sort of game we used to lose so not all bad.

Last edited:
It's really telling that there are two votes for 10, obviously from Shrews fans. They recognize perfectly just how well the ref did for them. And they're correct.

He gave Darren Drysdale a run for his money for being the worst ref so far this season. Added no time for the blatant timewasting then didn't play the 4 mins he added in the 2nd half. Absolutely no control and allowed the game to be ruined.

Yet another 'referee' who is incapable of protecting players from serious injury

EFL & FA are equally incapable of ensuring referees are actually fit for purpose IMO

I gave him -1 on the basis that they kicked the ball away at least 20 times and nothing happened. If one of our guys had chinned one of theirs because of this it would have been fully defensible in a court of law (probly).

Absolute rubbish. Inconsistent, weak, alternately fussy and then slapdash. The only reason I didn't give him a minus was that I didn't think he was biased - just easily conned and incompetent. He had no authority whatsoever and I think his performance actually DID influence the game - if nothing else, we saw about half the amount of actual play we normally get!

Agreed. I am normally in the 'have a difficult job to do' camp, but this was a really poor performance. In the first half, someone behind me said that the ref would start booking time-wasters in the 85th minute, and lo and behold....

I gave him a zero if only because with no ref there is no game ....................... but christ he was feckin useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom