Home Match Build Up 7/11/2020 FA Cup 1st round OUFC v Peterborough United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
And yet another game! Peterborough will not be easy to beat, they are on a good run.
Not sure yet if we have a chance, will have to see the team first. But financially a cup run is worth the effort.

I see nothing but a bleak defeat to puncture the slightly floppy balloon of hope........... 0-2 to them.

We'll see if a momentum has begun on saturday... itll be in the main a line up of squad players....posh may well field similarlar line up too

I fancy itll be a hard fought home win 1-0 Yaw (recalled for a cup match) getting the goal

Has happened many times that awful league form has been forgotten with a big cup win. However, without fans there is no home or away edge in our game and Peterborough will obviously be confident. If we keep them out till half time I fancy we may nick it, but will be backs to the wall up to then I predict.

Have to say I'm not feeling the excitement of the cup this year either.

It's screaming out 2-0 or 3-1 loss to me sadly, but I'll still say 1-0.

For me I love the fa cup but this season with the injuries we have also the fact that it’s quite hard to get excited for the game purely because no fans can go I think we should just concentrate on the league ☹️⚽⚽

Do we know how many rounds to we have to get through before the money becomes worth it?
not 100% certain, but I think I read somewhere recently that the FA were paying ( in effect) 'appearance' £ in all rounds of the FA cup this season? .... which, If that was what I read (?) there will be 'a few quid' irrespective of the result on Saturday - at a guess Id assume that the club that progresses will receive a larger amount than the losing club in each round?

there again I may have imagined reading that (damn lockdown is already getting to me,only a few hours in!)

TBH i'm not to bothered about the result if we were to win then I would be looking at the much needed cash we would gain as a result of winning

would be good to have a cup run to bring in some money to strengthen in january.
...oh we can’t cos of squad size and wage cap

Definitely one for the squad

off the top of my head:

Stevens
Lofthouse Long Jones Elechi
Shodipo Kelly Sykes Cooper
Agyei Winnall

Or

Stevens
Kelly
McGuane Sykes
Shodipo Winnall Cooper

Sooner or later the Posh are going to lose one. Their team will surely be weaker as their priority is promotion this season and could play some of their second string. So...

would be good to have a cup run to bring in some money to strengthen in january.
...oh we can’t cos of squad size and wage cap
would cover some of the costs that the EFL and the premiership and government don't seem to care about
Definitely one for the squad

off the top of my head:

Stevens
Shodipo Kelly Sykes Cooper
Agyei Winnall

Or

Stevens
Kelly
McGuane Sykes
Shodipo Winnall Cooper

I like the look of the 2nd team

What about iFollow stream for season pass subscribers? Need to purchase separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom