Away Match Day Thread +++ 6/10/18 Southend United v OUFC +++

And your response is to get rid of Robinson. For whom? And what improvements do you expect?

Maybe some fans don’t believe in Robinson or think he’s the man to take this club forward, and I for one could understand that.

And your response is to get rid of Robinson. For whom? And what improvements do you expect?
Clotet gets fired out....no ready made replacement. Faz as interim manager.....results no better. In limbo for weeks. I, for one, dont want that scenario again. Lets stick with it for the moment. Ever hopeful.

There is no link. It's a joke that the daily mirror reported Jose mourinho would be sacked after the Newcastle match despite the result and he wasn't.
The feint light at the end of the tunnel is extinguished.

Clotet gets fired out....no ready made replacement. Faz as interim manager.....results no better. In limbo for weeks. I, for one, dont want that scenario again. Lets stick with it for the moment. Ever hopeful.

When Clotet got fired we were not sitting at the foot of the table wondering when our next win will happen. 6 points from a possible 36 with a squad of players who Robinson brought to the club. Now is it time to sack the manager or is it? Whatever we think it’s not our decision and it’s not our club anymore. Tiger is conspicuous by his absence.

A draw at Southend is a good result in any season, especially this one. Sounds like we limited their chances well and nearly nicked one at the end.

Also sounds like kr did some things I'd lost hope of ever seeing from him. Changing formation and approach to suit our personnel *and* with an eye on the opposition Adding the obviously necessary defensive midfield shield to protect a shaky backline and give our other midfielders a fighting chance of doing their jobs. A reasonably thoughtful post match interview. I remain hugely sceptical about the fella but maybe he is learning something from this mess after all. Maybe...

We nearly lost today. Clean through and he hits the bar (and the post!).

Southend were abject today and we couldn't muster a shot on target until the 94th minute. Literally had no idea how to even work it into their final third. A big launch into the box to Holmes was our only other proper chance. That's desperate times. Very worrying for me.
To be fair it wad a fantastic cross to holmes rather than a big launch.

I voted he should go last week along with 92% of us. But he hasn’t gone yet. So I am just judging things one game at a time. First half was poor yesterday, second was decent. On to Plymouth. We win, there is a case to be made for KR staying. Lose or draw it’s hard to keep finding excuses or reasons to stick with him. At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with having an opinion that can change.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: Ian
They were on a 3 game winning streak, we were on a 3 game losing streak where we have largely played bad football. Yesterday, while only a draw, showed a level of grit from the club and a mindset that hasn't been largely present for a whole game. We have a long way to go, but I hope yesterday was the first game of the team accepting our reality, rather than thinking we're all that.

So we stopped a losing streak.

But dropped further behind teams around us and slid into the bottom spot.

Double Duh.. work it out you dumb t**t.
Absolutely no need for that last sentence. Have a bit of respect or stop posting.

Back
Top Bottom