Away Match Day Thread +++ 6/10/18 Southend United v OUFC +++

Next week is a cup final. After today’s gritty point earned at a place where we hardly ever get diddly, a win next week could really be the kick start we need. It’ll ease some of the pressure and fear of playing at the Kassam, and also lift us off the foot of the table and hopefully start us on an continuing upward trajectory. I’d like to put it to ALL supporters of our club to call a truce with Robinson, Tiger, the coaching staff and players and get fully behind them for this week. Give them this week at least, to ensure we have the best possible chance for three points. Personalities come and go, it’s the welfare of our club that’s the most important and it’s imperative we do all we can to stay in this division. Let’s give positive messages of support this week, lay off the sniping and criticism, and do all we can to give the squad the best possible chance of victory. If they then put in a poor performance and it all goes horribly wrong, feel free to call for change again, but let’s not give anyone any excuses or a chance to say we didn’t support them. Let’s all do all we can and hope the players and management then do the same on the pitch.

We nearly won today. Mousinho header right at the end. Thought it was in.
We nearly lost today. Clean through and he hits the bar (and the post!).

Southend were abject today and we couldn't muster a shot on target until the 94th minute. Literally had no idea how to even work it into their final third. A big launch into the box to Holmes was our only other proper chance. That's desperate times. Very worrying for me.

Maybe some of our fans will get a little sense of perspective and realise that since the turn of the century we have only finished higher than our current position 3 times. We have no rights to success and any that we get needs to be nurtured over time rather than expecting anything immediately. This season has been poor, but a tough away point and a scrappy win next week could give us the push we need. We expect the manager and players to give 100%, but maybe it's time we expected the same from our fans.
Just because we have been in the conference and league 2 for some years is not really any reason to be grateful for being bottom of league 1.
I really dislike the reasoning of we have been crap to accept being crap again.

So what would you do havi g just got a decent draw?
Put in charge Derry or DF?
KR will 99% be in charge. It is now a huge game and as others have said supporters have to get behind the team big time for Saturday.

If we lose next week, what will your position be? Give him yet another game?

Just because we have been in the conference and league 2 for some years is not really any reason to be grateful for being bottom of league 1.
I really dislike the reasoning of we have been crap to accept being crap again.

No one is grateful that we're bottom, but to make out that this is worst we've seen is clearly not the case.

A win is a win, and a scrappy one next week will be very welcome considering our position, as a dull draw today is at least a step in the right direction..

Of course, but the fact that the best mathematically possible outcome of next week's game leaves us firmly in the relegation zone gives no reason for confidence in the current set up.

As for our fans, the point is that 15 out of the last 18 seasons have seen us in a worste league position. .

Firstly, that is because we have clawed our way back from a long decline and those that are dissatisfied don't want to see that reversed. Secondly I can't remember us ever having nose dived so far and so fast from the start of those eighteen seasons. Keeping calm and carrying on is the strategy of lemmings.

but seemingly our fans can give up at the first sign of a problem.

B*****s. I can give you 11/12 signs of problems and the fans that you deride as "giving up" are mostly those who will still turn up to see us defeated away from home on a cold and wet Tuesday night in November at Hayes and Yeading. The fact that they may have different opinions from you about the current management set up gives you no right to claim any kind of moral superiority .

No one is grateful that we're bottom, but to make out that this is worst we've seen is clearly not the case.

No one is claiming this this is the worst we've been, the discussion is what do we need to do to improve from where we are now.

Because we didn't lose again. Duh
Bit rude.
We drew against Wycombe just four games ago and (judging by match reports from Southend, I wasn't there Jerome) we played better much better that day. That wasn't the brand new dawn we hoped for. A 0-0 draw, sliding down a place to the bottom of the league while being 5 points away from getting out of the relegation places - I can see how that might be interpreted as a continuation of what has gone before TBH.

A win is a win, and a scrappy one next week will be very welcome considering our position, as a dull draw today is at least a step in the right direction.

As for our fans, the point is that 15 out of the last 18 seasons have seen us in a worst league position. Of course we've started badly, but I didn't throw the towel in with MApp and I won't with Robinson either. We expect the players and manager to give everything but seemingly our fans can give up at the first sign of a problem.

The first sign of a problem???? How long does it take for the penny to drop?

This issue has been rumbling on since DE wanted to sell the club and is greater than simply a management problem. Surely even you can see this now?

Bit rude.
We drew against Wycombe just four games ago and (judging by match reports from Southend, I wasn't there Jerome) we played better much better that day. That wasn't the brand new dawn we hoped for. A 0-0 draw, sliding down a place to the bottom of the league while being 5 points away from getting out of the relegation places - I can see how that might be interpreted as a continuation of what has gone before TBH.

Without trying to excuse the appalling start we have made to the season, without viewing 24th in league one as acceptable and without taking any moral high ground...

We can only affect our own results and we got a decent point yesterday. The fact that Plymouth won and went above us is not relevant in the long run. We DID put the brakes on OUR slide yesterday. It could be a temporary improveent, but an improvement it was, as we earned a point.

It’s where we end up in May that counts, despite the misery we are all suffering now.

Hang in there fellow yellows. Here’s to a morale boosting win on Tuesday night and three points on Saturday.

No one is claiming this this is the worst we've been, the discussion is what do we need to do to improve from where we are now.
And your response is to get rid of Robinson. For whom? And what improvements do you expect?

Back
Top Bottom