Away Match Day Thread +++ 6/10/18 Southend United v OUFC +++

I don’t know why we didn’t give Maynard a chance - he’s got a bit of pedigree and has more of an eye for goal than Obika, Mackie and Smith our together
Let’s see how many league goals have these 3 scored added together ...... now let me think .........
how many goals has Maynard scored for Bury......
Mmmmmmm

• React
Reactions: Ian
It’s not like you to fall for a whoosh MJB [emoji12]

I don’t know what to say. Just need a bit of luck with these whooshes and to stop making silly mistakes. I don’t want to throw any fellow posters under the bus but they’ve let me down with their set-ups. Consider this post as a comfort blanket for you all.

So we stopped a losing streak.

But dropped further behind teams around us and slid into the bottom spot.

Double Duh.. work it out you dumb t**t.
Think about it. That was the first game in 4 where the team didn't try and out pass or out pretty anyone. They went there for a point and got it. So while we dropped to the bottom, we have a semblance of forward motion rather than losing 2-1 again.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Think about it. That was the first game in 4 where the team didn't try and out pass or out pretty anyone. They went there for a point and got it. So while we dropped to the bottom, we have a semblance of forward motion rather than losing 2-1 again.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Jesus wept.

I give up. You win.

With the start that we have had a step forward would be a win, draws are not much use to us unless we start getting 3 points from matches.

Considering that we “always lose” to Southend I’d say that 0-0 was a positive result. We’d have all taken it had we been mid table.

It's a weird one. The result in isolation is a decent one, but bad in the context of our league position. I understand both POVs.

Considering that we “always lose” to Southend I’d say that 0-0 was a positive result. We’d have all taken it had we been mid table.

In isolation a draw against a bogey team is a good result.

Unfortunately, in the context of where we are, a draw is becoming pretty much useless.

We will not draw our way out of this predicament and whether saturday’s result gives as a bounce remains to be seen. It didn’t work against Sunderland and so the jury is out.

The facts following Saturday’s result are that teams around us did better and we slipped to the bottom of the table as a consequence.

If this had been the last game of the season and we slipped into the final relegation spot by drawing (on the back of a run of defeats), i’m not sure anyone would be taking solace from the fact we drew against Southend (other than GB of course).

How many f*****g posts on whether a 0-0 vs Southend is a good result?*

*rhetorical zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well it’s better than anything else we usually get down there.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom