6/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, as much as it pains me to say it, he's become a very good League 1 striker. If he were playing for us I think he would be an absolute handful. So many big diagonals and long balls we pump up to Taylor, who did brilliantly with the one he nodded down to Murphy but by and large is not going to win that many aerial duels, rendering them mostly pointless and simply handing possession away. Smith has the size and physicality to win a lot more of those high balls, or at least would be able to use his body to prevent the defender having an easy clearing header, but in addition to this he also has a good turn of pace and nice technical ability with a pretty sweet left foot. A striker of that ilk would be the perfect alternative to Taylor.

Possibly although he has been playing much deeper for Cambridge for a while according to BBC Radio Oxford as he hasn’t been cutting the mustard up top. Certainly plays well against us!

Well that was a poor spectacle. We didn't look like a team for most of the game. I disagree that Cambridge were poor but they ain't going to be up there and we should be showing a lot more against their like if we have any serious ambitions of promotion. Thought Seddon had one of his best games for a while. Aren't added time goals the best. 😁

Cambridge were a classic mid-to-lower table League One team. Very solid defensively, very well organized (their manager is clearly one to watch), worked really hard and could pass it around a bit. That lead to them getting into some really good positions.....

.....but they did lack real quality in the final third - their final ball and their finishing were both lousy. It was like watching 2019-21 Mark Sykes when they got near the area!

But play like that against the top 6-8 teams in the division, and we'll be in trouble.

Not long got home. We were poor today and seemed incapable of getting the ball past their midfield unless one of the defenders hit a big diagonal. But that's because Mark Bonner had set them up well, he's a very good manager.

Goodrhm though. Jeepers creepers what a run and finish. We needed some individual inspiration because we found it hard to break them down, probably because Mark Bonner is an excellent manager.

Hopefully we can string some results and good performances together now, which should be a little easier as we won't be having to play a team managed by the exceptional Mark Bonner every week.
You are Mark Bonners dad and I claim my £5....

I agree, in terms of fitness, sharpness and intensity, it was very much a pre-season performance, which 2 games into the season, is unacceptable.
The 3 points were what mattered.
We have only conceded 1 in 2 games
We will definitely get better .
Don't the sports scientists suggest that players don't get fully fit for the first few games and then peak near half way through the season?
We were poor today but got the result against a very resilient organised side.

Performance wasn't great atmosphere wasn't great but they both kinda go hand in hand BUT Tyler goodrham what a player we could have on our hands come off the bench grab the game by the scruff of the neck and in the last minute take on two defenders and put the ball in the top corner fair play

Not long got home. We were poor today and seemed incapable of getting the ball past their midfield unless one of the defenders hit a big diagonal. But that's because Mark Bonner had set them up well, he's a very good manager.

Goodrhm though. Jeepers creepers what a run and finish. We needed some individual inspiration because we found it hard to break them down, probably because Mark Bonner is an excellent manager.

Hopefully we can string some results and good performances together now, which should be a little easier as we won't be having to play a team managed by the exceptional Mark Bonner every week.
Bloody hell its Mark Bonner this Mark Bonner that , get a room 😀

Also I must say that plonker in the east stand moaning for the majority of the second half shut up you talk out of your a**e

Don't the sports scientists suggest that players don't get fully fit for the first few games and then peak near half way through the season?
As I said in an earlier post, I’m very happy with the result and the three points.

But just like at the start of every season, in terms of fitness and match sharpness, we look a level below the opposition, which probably explains the inevitable injury crisis we always suffer during the first month of every season.

Murphy in the second half was blowing out his a**e but then again did he have a full pre season?

The best I heard was one guy suggesting Murphy have a shot then when that was blocked his mate said why did he bloody shoot then.
Oh there was this clown he was basically saying the players were s**t his words were you could have picked 11 random people out of the car park and put them on the pitch oh he also thinks KR should be sacked he just went on and on he thought people were laughing with him but they were laughing at him

Whats up with Taylor? Seems to have lost the ability to control, pass and shoot.

Give Taylor time he's one of those that scores in 3 games soon .

Oh there was this clown he was basically saying the players were s**t his words were you could have picked 11 random people out of the car park and put them on the pitch oh he also thinks KR should be sacked he just went on and on he thought people were laughing with him but they were laughing at him
I bet he posts on this forum , now who could it be …..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom