6/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Tyler Goodrham! Watching his goal a couple of times, he took a gamble in taking on the two defenders and won out.

Not being able to follow the game, it sounds like the draw would have been a fair result. Great for us to get off the mark regardless.

Great result, very happy with the 3 points, but let’s not kid ourselves, that was a f*****g appalling performance.

But worldie strike from Goodrahm, well done Tyler! 👏

Big improvement, and some important signings needed though…

Impressed by bate whwn he came on, has to start based on that. Expected a lot more of murphy tbh. Findlay had a decent game the rest were all below par, especially long and taylor.

Great result, very happy with the 3 points, but let’s not kid ourselves, that was a f*****g appalling performance.

But worldie strike from Goodrahm, well done Tyler! 👏

Big improvement, and some important signings needed though…
I was only listening, so am probably in no position to comment, but "f*****g appalling" is a bit OTT from what I heard on (obviously un-biased!) RadOx commentary.

Clean sheet, no shots on target from Cambridge, last minute winner. Reasons to be cheerful!

View attachment 9704

Stats say we dominated the game… I think we just edged it overall, personally, although a draw would have been a fair result, as would the Derby game

I think you're right. On performances we should have had 2 draws. We were a little unlucky last week with a couple of individual errors and this week we were lucky with individual excellence.

Overall, we have one point more than we probably deserve but still early days.

I was only listening, so am probably in no position to comment, but "f*****g appalling" is a bit OTT from what I heard on (obviously un-biased!) RadOx commentary.

Clean sheet, no shots on target from Cambridge, last minute winner. Reasons to be cheerful!
Yes quite a few positives I'd say. Though very nail biting yo get to the 93rd minute!

Thought Findlay & McGuane were both very good/MOTMs for us (again). Seddon much improved, albeit perhaps because the majority of his game was pressing forward rather than being pinned back. I also thought that was a better game from Taylor - still very little in front of goal but he felt much more involved and it seemed like he was actually a nuisance to play against (versus last week when he was pretty anonymous aside from a couple of touches). Bate looked lightweight but technically very gifted during his brief cameo.

On the flip side I thought Long was very poor. Brannagan, Bodin, Browne & Murphy only showed brief glimpses of their quality.

What a special finish though! Delighted for the young lad - and the KR bundle scenes were very enjoyable!

Brief shout out for Sam Smith too, odious though he is. He was one of the best players on the park. Absolute handful all game…
It was lovely to see Seddon sticking his shoulder deliberately into Smiths face whilst they we’re getting untangled near the end. Overall thought Seddon did well but Long on the other hand was awful.

What a moment for Goodrham. Always looked like one of our most promising young players and one that could actually break through. Glad he got given his chance and so pleased to see him take it!

The performance itself was pretty flat. Disappointing performance, in particular, from Murphy - hopefully just lacking some match sharpness.

Still think we could do with another defensive midfielder. Although Browne, CamBran and McGuane are all good players and I don't think any of them had an especially bad game, the blend and balance of the midfield is so important and it didn't feel right today.

As I said in my message to Radio Oxford, as fans we can all worry about the first 92 minutes later. Right now we all need to enjoy that moment of pure joy.

Well done Tyler - the stuff of dreams and that’s what going to football is all about.

Also: he both made me feel about a million years old in his post-game interview, but you also couldn’t help but feed off his enthusiasm.

Buzzing, indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom