6/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

Status
Not open for further replies.
First home game of the 22-23 season and hoping for at least an 8000+ attendance.

Cambridge beat MK Dons last Saturday so they are no push-over this year. Let's hope for a good game of attacking football.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

McGinty
Long Moore Findlay Brown
McGuane Bate
Murphy Brannagan Browne
Taylor

2-0 Oxford, Taylor & a late Henry goal off the bench.

Come on Oxford. Get 3 points on the board and kick off the season!!

8k+ plus crowd with a level of early season optimism are sent home disappointed after a 0-1 defeat.

We can`t "do" low-scoring games.

Either that or it's a 5-4 thriller. :ROFLMAO:

Match day!!

2DBB0E5C-3061-4BE0-90C6-D8ADD3E77D45.jpeg

Gotta get someone playing alongside Taylor, to get the best out of him, Bodin is the ideal choice as the no 10 in my opinion, as he can drop slightly deeper into the hole, and link the play.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Bate can do, but he’s only just arrived, and Henry has earned the right to stake his claim for a starting place.

Not sure if Murphy is fit to start yet?

Looking forward to seeing McGuane given another run out in his new role.

First home game of the season, and after the disappointment of last week, important we get the fans buzzing today, with a convincing win.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

Tough game this. Won’t be as easy as some think. I really like there manager, and I thought last season at times he outthought Robbo. I think we will win, but we will leave it late to seal 3 points.

Yellows 3-1 Cambridge.

Difficult game. Cambridge have had a good start to the season but we showed glimpses of promise last week.

No idea at this early stage what's going to happen but I'd take a goal, its been a while since one of those!

Not able to update the attendance on the other thread as it's now closed, which I find annoying as this post will now seem a little out of context.

Anyway, very strong sales yesterday of just under 500, which leaves us at a fraction under 7,000 home fans, excluding boxes. It's about 400 ahead of the first game of last season (Charlton). That game ended up with 7,067 home fans, so I'd expect to be above 7,500 home fans with boxes and walk-ups added in. This should mean a total attendance of about 8,300/8,500 depending on how many Cambridge bring.

The score? A win, any win will do.

I agree that I wish we could just continue the build up thread rather than having a whole new one - just seems disjointed and makes the forum messy.

Anyway, I’d play:

Stevens
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Brannagan McGuane
Murphy Bodin Browne
Taylor​

I prefer Brannagan deeper rather than behind the striker and I think Bodin’s performance against Derby was good enough to deserve another start today. Not sure who should play on the right between Jones and Murphy - whoever is fitter. Brown has to play left back ahead of Seddon.

Really looking forward to it.

Be great this year to revive some of the classic old school chants, but mix in some new ones as well. I’ll give it my all from the North Stand!!

It’s about building relationships and confidence, so can’t see any changes just yet?

Not able to update the attendance on the other thread as it's now closed, which I find annoying as this post will now seem a little out of context.

Anyway, very strong sales yesterday of just under 500, which leaves us at a fraction under 7,000 home fans, excluding boxes. It's about 400 ahead of the first game of last season (Charlton). That game ended up with 7,067 home fans, so I'd expect to be above 7,500 home fans with boxes and walk-ups added in. This should mean a total attendance of about 8,300/8,500 depending on how many Cambridge bring.

The score? A win, any win will do.

Dont worry about context, I'm sure many will still welcome your updates.

August games always seem to be a bit lower but anywhere around 8500 would be a good starting point. Really need to be looking at getting our average above 9k for the season.

Burton at the beginning of September seems to be a good starting point to really rally the troops into getting the first in a number of 10k games this season, with the Fleetwood game at the end of September ideal for a little extra club promotional work similar to Morecombe last season.

Despite some of the summer frustrations there's still so much to look forward to this season, not least the dot counting!!

Looking forward to today the sun is out the football is back at OX4 hopefully we get the place bouncing I think 8,500 would be a good starting point something hopefully we can build on
3-2
COYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom