6/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

Status
Not open for further replies.
REF WATCH

Birmingham official Tom Reeves is the man in the middle for today’s clash with Cambridge.
This is his second season in the EFL and his first visit to Grenoble Road.

He took charge of the U’s last season on one occasion - the 2-1 win at Stadium MK on December 11th
where he dismissed Jordan Thorniley In the last minute.

He refereed Swindon’s 3-0 defeat at Harrogate last weekend.

FLT-RLHXwAAT6oy

Should win this one. We played well last week.
Just a matter of getting the ball in the right areas for Taylor and we should have enough for them.

Not able to update the attendance on the other thread as it's now closed, which I find annoying as this post will now seem a little out of context.

Anyway, very strong sales yesterday of just under 500, which leaves us at a fraction under 7,000 home fans, excluding boxes. It's about 400 ahead of the first game of last season (Charlton). That game ended up with 7,067 home fans, so I'd expect to be above 7,500 home fans with boxes and walk-ups added in. This should mean a total attendance of about 8,300/8,500 depending on how many Cambridge bring.

The score? A win, any win will do.
I'm sure we all know what your on about 😉

Should win this one. We played well last week.
Just a matter of getting the ball in the right areas for Taylor and we should have enough for them.
So did Cambridge though, against MK Dons and Milwall, not as easy as we think

Any win will do to get us up and running a few more players in and hopefully ready. And maybe another player announced before the game that would be good . We are building a good squad let's have more positive stuff

No one has predicted a bigger Oxford win than you on this thread 🤣

I predict it will be nervous while 2-1 up a couple of corners and free kicks to Cambridge, but in injury time we settle it 3-1.

Feels like a 1-1 to me. There will be a time when things click into place but I'm not sure it'll be today.
COYY!

I think we'll see more or less the same lineup as last week. Dependant on fitness of Murphy he may get in the starting lineup.

The important thing is with Bate and Jones on the bench, we have more options for positive change, which is where everything fell apart last week when Henry and Bodin tired.

4 nil, easy. The top c10 teams in the division are far stronger than the rest. Must win game against a bottom half side.

Going for an optimistic draw on this one. Reason being we have just played four games and haven't scored in any of them whilst letting in six goals. Cambridge are coming off two good wins. Add to that we are still trying to gel a lot of players together and hence the lack of optimism.

Having said that there is still that sneaking hope deep down............

Got a good feeling about our first home game, when the players will be looking to impress and hoping for a regular first team spot, so l am going for a win for the Mighty Yellows.

Easy to forget after their performance last year that Cambridge, along with Morecambe, we’re pretty much everyone’s favourites to go straight back down. Bonner has to be one of the most impressive and likeable managers in English football at the moment. They’ll have another solid mid table campaign.

All that said, this is the kind of game we need to win if we’re to make moves this season. Our best campaigns recently have been underpinned by really strong home form against the mid table and lower teams in the league and, with so many really strong sides in the league this year, we need to continue to beat the teams we should be beating.

I think we will continue that today. 1-1 HT, 3-1 FT. Jones to start RW over Henry, team otherwise the same as last week. Excited to see Bate, hopefully we’re looking comfortable enough with about half an hour to go that he gets a good run out (doubt he’ll start).

• React
Reactions: QR
Kick off delayed as Cambridge are yet to arrive. Will start one hour after they arrive. Not sure that's our problem and the game should be played at 3pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom