Away Match Day Thread +++6/04/2019 Walsall v OUFC match day thread+++

AbbeyOx

no one started this yet so here goes.
a win would be massive, especially after this weeks latest news, but would be happy enough with a draw and get to the magical 50 points

Tough match. Walsall will be scrapping for their lives. I predict a 2-2 draw

Tight game, with the mighty u's nicking it 2-1 in time added on again, Sam Long's turn to get the smash n grab glory goal, Whyte with the first ... 1893 travelling away fans
and safety points wise achieved .... then its just the off field money issues to deal with for OUFC

I think the tension has just eased a tiny amount on us. Whether that's a good thing and will allow us to play free football against a team that is nervy and scrapping away, or a bad thing and will let a team that's well up for it steamroller us, will become apparent.

Despite the everyday turmoil in the club, we are in good form. I'd say we can nick it 1-0.

They’ll want it that bit more than us. Narrow defeat. I’m rubbish at predictions.

We will lose 2-0 and Eastwood will get injured that will rule him out for rest of season

Walsall looked good against Barnsley, but end product was not good. Kind of sounds like us this season doesn't it?

Usual prediction. We’ll be on top of them but fail to look dangerous. They’ll score against the run of play early in the 2nd half. We’ll squeeze in an equaliser in the 85th minute and end up feeling like a draw is a good result when we really need the 3 points.

Do not want the team sitting too deep looking for one point...….nerve wracking.

Ok. My prediction. Walsall 1 Oxford United 1 (Nelson) Att: 6766 with 1768 Yellows fans. A pretty good performance from the lads, but it's the off-field shenanegans that have caught my attention. First: Eastwood will NOT get injured in any way, during this match (take note, Glover). It is after the game, when he will dislocate his middle finger, after punching a robin, that lands on his car's windscreen. Our singing mob will outnumber and outsing their 'choir'. A young female fan from Oxford will faint during the first half and Ruffles, being a first-aider, will give her the kiss-of-life. This will infuriate Nelson, who will thump Ruffles in the clavicle. Turns out Nelson is also taking up first aid and wanted the chance to get some practise in. Plus, she was really pretty. A somewhat confused and sexually aggressive barn owl will fly into the directors' box and do something disgusting to Tiger's bow tie. Tiger is only at the game, because he had to settle a bill from his previous visit to the local MacDonald's restaurant. He owed them for a cheeseburger. Three of our directors, who have always argued with each other, will meet up and see if they can agree for funding for next season (a bit like May and Cordustbin). A dog will run onto the pitch. Their scoreboard will malfunction and instead of showing the score, will show a film called 'Deadly Weapons', featuring 'Chesty Morgan', who had a 42" bust. Some fans will walk out in disgust.........because she didn't go far enough. Whyte and Browne will run into each other and fracture each other's coccyx. At half time, Robinson will have a mental breakdown after finding out that Oxford have lost the boat race. He will recover after he is reassured that it is only a poncy f*****g boat race contested by a bunch of 'Ok-Yahs'. Their electrician will accidently put red light bulbs in one of their floodlights. That will explain why ten suspiciously-sexy looking women are posing near it during the game. At half-time, Jordan Graham wiil confess that his mother named him after Katie Price (Jordan), Kashi will say he has had some cash stolen, Eastwood will do his 'Clint Eastwood impression, Nelson will say: "Kiss me Hardy", Henry will declare that Thierry Henry and him are, in fact, long-lost relatives, Sinclair will try to convince everyone he has a Sinclair C5, Dickie will say he ruptured his foreskin, having a pee and Ruffles and Nelson will get into another fight.........both claiming they are the best bullshitter in the team. That just about does it for me. COYY

Last edited:
Usual prediction. We’ll be on top of them but fail to look dangerous. They’ll score against the run of play early in the 2nd half. We’ll squeeze in an equaliser in the 85th minute and end up feeling like a draw is a good result when we really need the 3 points.

Who REALLY needs 3 points???

Didn't Connor Norman go from OUFC to Walsall a few months ago?

If he did, and he plays tomorrow, I wonder what the odds on him scoring against us would be?

Back
Top Bottom