FA Cup 5th round FA cup

I reckon, of the 30 possible draws (15 opponents home or away), it probably ranks 25th or 26th.

Better than Pompey (a) for sure.
Arguably better than being away at Norwich or either of the Sheffield clubs, purely because of distance.

Any home tie would have been preferable, as would away to Man U/Man City/Liverpool*/Arsenal*/Spurs*/Chelsea/Leicester/Reading*/Derby* (new ground + Shrek effect)

Birmingham* would have been pretty much a wash.

(* = subject to those ties going to form, obviously)

So I think we're perfectly entitled to complain about this one!

Whilst I obviously hope we beat Newcastle I’d rather we rest some players and beat Posh away on the following weekend

All depends on your criteria, if you want a 'winnable' tie close to home then it's a good draw. If you want a day out for the starry-eyed foam-hand-plebs then it's not as good

On their website fixture list section this fixture (opp TBC) is earmarked for Tuesday March 3rd at 20:20. This could easily change but might stick if not on live TV and other fixtures allow.

On their website fixture list section this fixture (opp TBC) is earmarked for Tuesday March 3rd at 20:20. This could easily change but might stick if not on live TV and other fixtures allow.

it'll be an 8 o clock kickoff

For me rubbish draw , definitely not one to get excited about.... But yes let’s get passed Newcastle , and keep our eye on the league.

and a two mile walk back to the car after they put a fence up behind the Smethwick End?

FA site say Thursday March 5th

Attachments

• 1580162258062.jpeg
    1580162258062.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom