International News 50 years ago....

Sarge

God like member
conspiracy theories (did they/ didnt they land/ walk on the moon?) aside, 50 years ago this week.... 'actual ' moon landing date 20 July '69, 'actual' moon walk by Armstrong & Aldrin 21 July '69

meanwhile back on terra firma, here in the UK, including Oxford, 1969 was the year British skinheads raised their cropped hair heads into the nation's consciousness as the latest youth sub culture ..... topical music of the time included this boss sound tune ....

^ which gave birth to this timeless classic boss sound.....

over in Italy, then young engineering designer Bertone was responsible for the Luna line Lambretta models ( inspired by the USA Apollo moon expedition).....

download.jpg

Bertone also designed arguably the finest Lambretta scooter ever, the Grand Prix ... available as a 125, 150 and the flagship 200 model... launched in 1969 ....

gp-ochre.jpg

Last edited:
Godfather of Jamaican ska music Laurel Aitken acknowledged the British skinhead youth subculture that spread nationally in 1969 , ( as did mods in '64), too...

Last edited:
influences drawn from the spirit of '69 spread worldwide over the decades .... in 2010 King Hammond released this boss sounds inspired track , with rare archive footage of original skinheads from '69 & '70 in the accompanying video- including skinheads on the terraces at football ....

Last edited:
Last trip down memory lane for me (probably) to my teenage years, Desmond Dekker and the Aces , the first live band I ever saw (Oxford town hall) had a hit single with this classic .....

Suppose its plausible man could travel to the moon, but how the hell did they get back. There was no powerful rockets to propel the capsule back from the surface of the moon was there?

Suppose its plausible man could travel to the moon, but how the hell did they get back. There was no powerful rockets to propel the capsule back from the surface of the moon was there?

This includes a link to the NASA flight plan.

This includes a link to the NASA flight plan.

What, to escape the huge gravity of the moon? And the thing that flew back wasn't just the landing module!

Show me the telemetry data (which has magically been lost - ya know, the most important journey made my man in history just vanishes) and then ill entertain the idea that it happened. Until then, it was a stage managed event put on by Stanley Kubric and the CIA to win the space race against the soviets. Stanley confessed to this in his dying days...

Also, people seem to forget about the Van Allen radiation belt. No way with their technology at the time they could have travelled through that, safely.

Secondly, the famous photo of the lander coming down on the moon - given the fact the astronauts were inside of the capsule, who took that then? So many issues with the official story.

Here is an exert from Bill Clintons autobiography. This to me is pretty telling, considering his status and government involvment:

"Just a month before, Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong had left their colleague, Michael Collins, aboard spaceship Columbia and walked on the moon...The old carpenter asked me if I really believed it happened. I said sure, I saw it on television. He disagreed; he said that he didn't believe it for a minute, that 'them television fellers' could make things look real that weren't. Back then, I thought he was a crank. During my eight years in Washington, I saw some things on TV that made me wonder if he wasn't ahead of his time."

Food for thought...

Last edited:

Conspiracy theories debunked. If it was a US Govt trick, I'm impressed that the 400,000 people involved managed to keep quiet about it.

Conspiracy theories debunked. If it was a US Govt trick, I'm impressed that the 400,000 people involved managed to keep quiet about it.

Its called compartmentalisation; as with anything to do with government activity. Are you saying 9/11 was as told because the government would have had to have fooled 1000's on that day and in the months leading up to it? Rubbish. That BBC article is shocking and ties in nicely with their information bias. You honestly think the BBC would come out and say it was a hoax when they benefit financially from peddling stories and shows about it? Absolutely not.

Anything else? Sounds like you don't 'believe' in the moon landings and 'think' that 9/11 was some sort of conspiracy as well. Is the earth flat? Did dinosaurs exist? Are aliens real? Is the queen a reptile from Venus? I think we ought to know...

Anything else? Sounds like you don't 'believe' in the moon landings and 'think' that 9/11 was some sort of conspiracy as well. Is the earth flat? Did dinosaurs exist? Are aliens real? Is the queen a reptile from Venus? I think we ought to know...
If you are telling me that 9/11 is as told by the US government then I'm sorry, I shall leave this here and revert to footballing matters because you obviously haven't done any critical research into the topic. Regarding alien life, of course it exists. Anyone with an ounce of scientific understanding will achknowledge that the universe is too vast for humans to be the only advannced civilization in the universe. To believe we are as good as it gets is borderline arrogance.

If you are telling me that 9/11 is as told by the US government then I'm sorry, I shall leave this here and revert to footballing matters because you obviously haven't done any critical research into the topic. Regarding alien life, of course it exists. Anyone with an ounce of scientific understanding will achknowledge that the universe is too vast for humans to be the only advannced civilization in the universe. To believe we are as good as it gets is borderline arrogance.
One of the astronauts also reported alien activity and filmed it. That got mysteriously lost also.

One of the astronauts also reported alien activity and filmed it. That got mysteriously lost also.