50% capacity

Why do people keep asking this stupid question when the answer is obviously when everyone (who wants to be) is double vaccinated.

Currently,(adults) 86.1% have had 1 jab, 64% have had 2.

In two weeks' time those numbers will have increased.

Forward planning eh?

Get the impression you’re ^^ not a happy little chappy tonight ??

You could always just stay inside and hide behind your sofa
What a strange, condescending remark, you do realise that there's a possibility that Mr Werthersoriginal is in the "at risk" category like I am (my immune system is shot to bits as a result of Radiotherapy treatment for Cancer) and wouldn't want to mix with non-mask wearing people and would like to watch his team and wouldn't want to hide behind his sofa??

Currently,(adults) 86.1% have had 1 jab, 64% have had 2.

In two weeks' time those numbers will have increased.

Forward planning eh?
No s**t sherlock. And still not everyone who wants to be will be double jabbed, in particular the young who work front of house in hospitality.

What a strange, condescending remark, you do realise that there's a possibility that Mr Werthersoriginal is in the "at risk" category like I am (my immune system is shot to bits as a result of Radiotherapy treatment for Cancer) and wouldn't want to mix with non-mask wearing people and would like to watch his team and wouldn't want to hide behind his sofa??
I’m big, tall and healthy but am not thinking only of myself - which seems a strange concept to some.

It’s great if we can open up safely, but case numbers and most experts argue against it.

No s**t sherlock. And still not everyone who wants to be will be double jabbed, in particular the young who work front of house in hospitality.

Those young folk who are mostly at reduced risk and serving a population that will have, mostly, been jabbed?
The customers could still be asked to wear a mask when moving about but that will be more reliant on the quality of the clientele I suppose.
I won`t be venturing to the local watering hole but the nice bar in town will get a visit. ;)

Oh yeah, you mean those people who are barely at any risk at all of the virus.

1625508515189.png

Masks are worn to protect others. I’m thinking of the health of you and your old mum, and of all vulnerable people, who shouldn’t have to hide away because society won’t take measures to protect them.

The vaccine is there to protect everyone, if we don't drop masks now when is the right time to?

I shielded by the book. I’ve had both jabs by April.
There is no ‘perfect’ time to lift restrictions, not even when every adult is double jabbed because by then we’ll have passed the summer and school holiday firebreaks and be heading into winter.
Time to allow us grown ups to weigh up the risks and make our own decisions.

The vaccine is there to protect everyone, if we don't drop masks now when is the right time to?

When everyone in the world has been double jabbed and there are no cases...So I reckon things could be back to normal within the next few years.

I shielded by the book. I’ve had both jabs by April.
There is no ‘perfect’ time to lift restrictions, not even when every adult is double jabbed because by then we’ll have passed the summer and school holiday firebreaks and be heading into winter.
Time to allow us grown ups to weigh up the risks and make our own decisions.
^^^^^^^^ this.

I've been wearing masks every day for best part of 18 months in some really difficult circumstances - and I'll be pleased when that ends. I've worked directly with positive cases and have stayed completely safe BECAUSE of the PPE and other measures, but the vaccination programme has given us the opportunity to move forward.

However, as @Maurice Earp has said, some people remain at higher risk and will also struggle to adapt to this new world after 18 months of isolation. We need to respect the fact that some will still want to wear masks and maintain social distancing. That shouldn't mean that they can't leave their houses or try to live a "normal" life.

We need to find that balance of allowing as many people as possible to return but do so in a way that is safe for everyone. A little respect for those with different experiences will surely make this better for all.

I've been wearing masks every day for best part of 18 months in some really difficult circumstances - and I'll be pleased when that ends. I've worked directly with positive cases and have stayed completely safe BECAUSE of the PPE and other measures, but the vaccination programme has given us the opportunity to move forward.

However, as @Maurice Earp has said, some people remain at higher risk and will also struggle to adapt to this new world after 18 months of isolation. We need to respect the fact that some will still want to wear masks and maintain social distancing. That shouldn't mean that they can't leave their houses or try to live a "normal" life.

We need to find that balance of allowing as many people as possible to return but do so in a way that is safe for everyone. A little respect for those with different experiences will surely make this better for all.

It’s not going to be possible to allow for social distancing at a full football ground unfortunately though?

It’s not going to be possible to allow for social distancing at a full football ground unfortunately though?
My thinking is more that if someone is wearing a mask then I'll do my best to give them as much space as practically possible. We all shuffle in and out of seats squeezing past each other, but how we do that can make a difference to those who may still be feeling vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom