50% capacity

oufc1991

I keep reading that in August we are only going to have 50% capacity can someone please explain why? When England play at Wembley in the euros they’re hoping to have 90,000 I think I read that somewhere also with everything apparently getting back to normal from the 21st June why can’t we have a full stadium
Hopefully someone more switched on than me can answer 😁

Where have you read that? Link?
I've heard that too, from word of mouth. I'd be glad to keep restrictions going for longer with all the variants about. Half capacity would be OK, most people would get in esp if there are no away fans.

Half the capacity is 6,250 with no away fans that's plenty- unless we were top of the league in which case 1 or 2 thousand more might be interested

50% is enough to get the season ticket holders and the regulars in. For people like me who can only go on occasion I'm happy to wait a bit longer if it means those people can get in and back the club. As long as the iFollow streams continue I think 50% is a good compromise until things are ready to go back to normal.

Where have you read that? Link?
McWilliams did reveal United are budgeting on having 50 per cent capacity at the Kassam Stadium, with no away fans, at the start of 2021/22.
That was a paragraph from the link I’ve now lost it was on the Oxford mail when McWilliams did the fans forum

Last edited:
McWilliams did reveal United are budgeting on having 50 per cent capacity at the Kassam Stadium, with no away fans, at the start of 2021/22.
That was a paragraph from the link I’ve now lost it was on the Oxford mail when McWilliams did the fans forum

Exactly this @SteMerritt

The club are planning for 50% attendance with the hope that this will be able to increase. The phased movement out of lockdown will start on May 17th (?) and then again in June, and they will hopefully give greater clarity to how sporting events will be managed. My gut feeling is that we will see larger attendance than 50% but away fans may be restricted initially. I guess the good thing is that we are both budgettinga nd planning for the lowest number but also putting all the necessary plans in place to open fully when allowed.

I can live with 50% as long as you can sit with 5 friends as in a pub/restaurant, bit crap if I have to sit on my own.

So if we are only going to have 50% capacity and no away fans is promotion this season really worth it?

Back
Top Bottom