50/50 will be back

Grumpy Git

Good to hear that the club has decided to revert to the good old 50/50. I will now be purchasing a programme and two Fifty-Fifty tickets each game. A fiver each game for the club..

Just make sure there are plenty available.

Good to hear that the club has decided to revert to the good old 50/50. I will now be purchasing a programme and two Fifty-Fifty tickets each game. A fiver each game for the club..

Programmes, 50/50 tickets or both?;)

That's exactly what I used to do but I stopped last season.

It was a poor decision replace it with something inferior in my view.

Personally I'm pleased too to see the 50/50 format restored. Maybe worth experimenting but like many things last season, ultimately er... not a success.

Latest email from the club.
We have reserved table 12 at the evening event for our fantastic 12th Man – you! And as a one off, rather than the usual 50/50 tickets sponsored by Polythene UK for our home league game against Walsall on Saturday the prize will be five pairs of tickets to the dinner, with tickets for the draw just £2.50 to win a pair of tickets.

The way I read this 50/50 tickets are going to be £2.50 each. they won't be selling any to me . Why do they keep pissing about with the 50/50 draw.
I believe Wycombe have another draw where the tickets are £2 each and they only sell abou 60 of them

I thought it was £1.25, but the email was written so badly, I gave up reading it.

I thought it was £1.25, but the email was written so badly, I gave up reading it.

£2.50 for one 50/50 ticket, which gives you the chance to win 2 tickets - so effectively, yes, £1.25 each [emoji6]

Latest email from the club.
We have reserved table 12 at the evening event for our fantastic 12th Man – you! And as a one off, rather than the usual 50/50 tickets sponsored by Polythene UK for our home league game against Walsall on Saturday the prize will be five pairs of tickets to the dinner, with tickets for the draw just £2.50 to win a pair of tickets.

The way I read this 50/50 tickets are going to be £2.50 each. they won't be selling any to me . Why do they keep pissing about with the 50/50 draw.
I believe Wycombe have another draw where the tickets are £2 each and they only sell abou 60 of them

I think the intent is a one off special prize for the Anniversary which gives you a chance to meet ex-players and be involved in the celebrations etc. I interpret that as the club see this as a very special prize that Oxford fans will appreciate and value highly; whether you do is, of course, up to the potential purchaser.

For me, as a one-off I think it is a perfectly reasonable idea considering the balance is going to the Academy. If prizes of this type become the norm then I'd have a problem with it.

£2.50 for a ticket with a chance to win a pair of tickets for the anniversary night? Sounds an excellent idea as the vast majority of fans will not be able to stump up the cost of a table otherwise.

How many away fans are going to buy a ticket for this?
And how many home fans will have time to go home after a game and get dressed for a black tie event?

How many away fans are going to buy a ticket for this?

Do away supporters normally buy a lot anyway?

In this case, it is clearly intended as special prize for Oxford fans anyway so does it really matter.

Do away supporters normally buy a lot anyway?

In this case, it is clearly intended as special prize for Oxford fans anyway so does it really matter.
If the idea is to raise money it does and I should think a lot of away fans buy a ticket if there is a chance to win a couple of grand.

If the idea is to raise money it does and I should think a lot of away fans buy a ticket if there is a chance to win a couple of grand.

As said on my earlier post, if it is a one-off way of giving a special, very specific, prize away; then I don't see a problem as I doubt the likely lost income from away supporters is that large (especially as I doubt Walsall will be bringing large numbers so being generous maybe at most a couple of £hundred).

Last edited:
There are lots of things to worry about these days, I would suggest that this really isn't one of them!
Agree. The club are trying to raise money for the youth set up.
Is anybody seriously going to have a moan because they can't get their 50/50 fix for one game out of 23 (plus cup games)?

My point is are they going to raise more money by charging £2.50 a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom