5 day old baby George

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
A heartbreaking story on Facebook from OUFC fans. Absolutely devastating... Please donate if you can.

Hello Everyone

I am not sure if anyone saw our baby boy, George's story and justgiving page yesterday, thank you if you took the time to read and/or donate. I have shared the link again below.

For those that didn't see it, we sadly lost our baby boy 9 weeks ago at 5 days old due to a rare genetic condition.

I also wanted to say a massive thank you to OUFC for all their support to me, my husband and family at this extremely difficult time. They have been truly incredible and it makes us so much prouder to call ourselves yellows.

They kindly gave us an OUFC shirt with George's name on and we missed the deadline for the cut outs to go to Wembley so they agreed if my brother (who is the sign-writer for OUFC) made a cut out they would personally take it with them and put it with the rest. This was all at no charge to us!

The genorsity and support the club have given my family is next to none and I thought I would share this with our fellow supporters.

Saw that on FB yesterday .... fantastic response, help and support from OUFC, credit and respect to the club in such a heartbreakingly devastating time

That is an absolutely heartbreaking read.

What can you possibly say to someone who has gone through such a terrible loss having had so much hope and joy for the future.

Donation on its way.

RIP little George.

That is an absolutely heartbreaking read.

What can you possibly say to someone who has gone through such a terrible loss having had so much hope and joy for the future.

Donation on its way.

RIP little George.
I have #2 on the way at the end of Sept, it makes you realise how these things can happen and scares the hell out of me.

I have #2 on the way at the end of Sept, it makes you realise how these things can happen and scares the hell out of me.
#1 coming for me at around the same time. I get those terrified thoughts a lot and this is such a sad situation, that the worst nightmares of some become a reality for others.

Will be sure to donate when I can.

#1 coming for me at around the same time. I get those terrified thoughts a lot and this is such a sad situation, that the worst nightmares of some become a reality for others.

Gents am expecting my 4th within 10 days.
1) Support the missus
2) Stay as relaxed as possible

I don't know how George's parents are coping, but our thoughts & prays are with them as a family.

When is the due date? Have you been to any scans?

@Eaststandboy are we still looking at the forum sponsoring a player this year? Could I suggest that we do so in honour of Baby George with any excess money raised going to the fund raising in his name?

@Eaststandboy are we still looking at the forum sponsoring a player this year? Could I suggest that we do so in honour of Baby George with any excess money raised going to the fund raising in his name?
I wanted a break from shirt sponsors. It is very time consuming getting payments etc. Last year there was a shortfall.

The money would probably be better donated for the family.

When is the due date? Have you been to any scans?
28th September I think. Didn't get to go to the gender scan.

Happy to chat more in PMs, feel like this might be an inappropriate thread for a long conversation between excited parents [emoji45]

So so sorry to hear about this. Rest in peace little man. Really heartwarming to hear about what the club have done for this, however.

Back
Top Bottom