Home Match Day Thread 5/10/2021 PJT: OUFC v Stevenage

Sarge

God like member
Not the most captivating of fixtures nor competitions....albeit would be good to keep the winning run and momentum going , especially with no match this coming Saturday.....hopefully Stevenage no longer have planned drinks breaks breaking up the flow of any game they play

Ive a feeling despite st freebies, reduced entry fees etc , that for tonights PJT game ifollow watchers may number more than those actually at the game

Itll be an experimental line up of sorts with injuries n isolations along with no recall for youngsters on loan ....home win 3-1 Agyei hat trick

If not for the fact we don't have a game for a while after this one I'd probably give it a miss. This trophy is much less interesting now most our best youth prospects have gone out on loans and won't feature. I know KR said he'd play a strong side given the break we've got coming up, but I'd like to see GO'D, JJ and Nosakhare all get good minutes, and starts for Cooper and Agyei. The team I'd like to see, although I don't think we'll get it:

Easty
Forde Moore Nosakhare Seddon
Johnson
Sykes Brannagan
Agyei O'Donkor Cooper

No need to rush any of the ill or injured players back in, Sykes will be fresh and raring to go, Brannagan and Moore in to help protect and help the younger teammates. Strong bench available if we should need of Stevens, Thornily, Long, Henry, Williams, Holland and Taylor.

I was going to go but my dog ate....erm....ah....my will to live?

STFC? There’s no ‘Town’ in Stevenage’s name. They dropped the ‘Borough’ some years back too.

Well, a win is needed if we want to progress especially after the stinker away at Cambridge. I would still use this competition wisely and make sure that we play those who haven’t had a lot of game time as starters. With no game on Saturday we can throw on some first teamers if we want. There’s value in this competition as the prize money isn’t bad and the more matches we have in it, the more opportunities there are for the YTers.

I’ve got tickets (freebies) but I’m undecided if I can be bothered to go if it was any competition other than this I’d be there no worries but I just dunno if I can be bothered I think I’m going to wait and see what the weather is like if it’s raining I’m staying in the warm if it’s dry I will probably be sat in the cold

Oh and @Sarge were not playing stfc we are playing sfc 😁

A win is a win, competition don't matter. Winning breeds confidence. Confidence will really help in our quest for promotion. I would play quite a strong side, not full strength but strong. We have a few players that could do with a rest, and a few that need game time. 2:0 win for the mighty yellows

Mrs Lounger and I will be there. Freebie tickets helped but we are so much happier to go now we are back in the shire. 180 mile round trip was not an overwhelming factor but it didn't help!
Games like these are also a chance for fans to try out other seating areas. Particularly when the seats are all the same price, or free!

I’ve got tickets (freebies) but I’m undecided if I can be bothered to go if it was any competition other than this I’d be there no worries but I just dunno if I can be bothered I think I’m going to wait and see what the weather is like if it’s raining I’m staying in the warm if it’s dry I will probably be sat in the cold

Oh and @Sarge were not playing stfc we are playing sfc 😁
ooops :rolleyes: .... for some reason I thought it was Stevenage Town, not as it is Stevenage :rolleyes:

Mrs Lounger and I will be there. Freebie tickets helped but we are so much happier to go now we are back in the shire. 180 mile round trip was not an overwhelming factor but it didn't help!
Games like these are also a chance for fans to try out other seating areas. Particularly when the seats are all the same price, or free!
albeit only East stand and only parts of SSL (and SSU) are open for tonights game

albeit only East stand and only parts of SSL (and SSU) are open for tonights game
Yes. Half of SSL and half of SSU plus all the East. Doesn't make for much atmosphere and no idea where the away fans (if there are any) will sit. Not much of a queue for the catering this evening!

I see the video match passes are still £10 for tonight. It's a pity we can't use our 'free' match tickets to watch it that way.

The culture of "togetherness" is very strong with Robbo's sides. And, no game Saturday.

Therefore, I'm interested in tonight's starting eleven, bench and who is involved in the warming up players (but not actually playing).

I think it's another chance for fringe players to try a stake a claim but also another display of "in it together" from Robbo's Yellow Army.

What I am trying to say and failing, is the following:

Although we (the fans) think tonight's game isn't one to be excited about, it actually maybe decent from Oxford.

Goal fest and lots of style... you heard it hear first!

...or it will be pants.

Yes. Half of SSL and half of SSU plus all the East. Doesn't make for much atmosphere and no idea where the away fans (if there are any) will sit. Not much of a queue for the catering this evening!
Will there be any catering this evening, do you think? I seem to recall there being none for games in this competition in previous seasons.

ooops :rolleyes: .... for some reason I thought it was Stevenage Town, not as it is Stevenage :rolleyes:
Don’t forget it used to be Stevenage borough but they got rid of the last bit was to non league apparently when they got promoted to the football league so now just plain old Stevenage

Will there be any catering this evening, do you think? I seem to recall there being none for games in this competition in previous seasons.
Hope so, need to eat something! At least now, on the concourse, OUFC are in charge so I would expect something to be open. Probably only the one van outside.

Don’t forget it used to be Stevenage borough but they got rid of the last bit was to non league apparently when they got promoted to the football league so now just plain old Stevenage
of course it did ... Ive kind of suppressed most of the conference years memories into a blur of sorts o_O

It’s a reserve team game dressed up as a first team fixture but will keep an eye to see how some players who haven’t featured do.

Actually thought Stevenage had returned to non league where they belong but I see now they are still lingering about in the fourth division.

Back
Top Bottom