4th stand

LondonRoader

Is there a question to be asked to the club etc about sorting a 4th stand out for the Man City cup match, guaranteed sell out and it might maximise revenue and also get some new fans inside the ground, I believe there is a system that has been previously explored, can peeps try and push the buttons?

Pasting in my post from the Cup thread:

The Planning Permission for the temporary stand doesn't expire until September 2019 so no issue there. However, we need the landlord's permission so we probably stand more chance of getting Water Eaton built in time!

Pasting in my post from the Cup thread:

The Planning Permission for the temporary stand doesn't expire until September 2019 so no issue there. However, we need the landlord's permission so we probably stand more chance of getting Water Eaton built in time!
Hopefully the relationship Oxvox has built up over the years might help us if the question gets asked to FK.

Wasn't there a doubt about the cost outweighing income? Extra policing, staffing etc and would it be justified outlay for a season long installation?

Hopefully the relationship Oxvox has built up over the years might help us if the question gets asked to FK.

He agreed to it before didnt he. Not when Eales originally wanted it but later on I believe when negotiations with oxvox and council were going well about a week before a swindon game far too late but still would be great to get it in place and keep it there for a while.

The problem is that being a Cup game and not a league game, Man City have a share of the gate money so the cost to install a temporary stand may well out way any profit OUFC will make. Another game that could also be a sell out would be Sunderland which we have all the gate receipts so it could then prove financially prudent to have a temporary stand for the whole season.

Comment from Firoz:
"I was asked if it was possible to build a fourth stand for the cup game. Of course I agreed, but unfortunately the police said no/builder's granny died/we found a Roman burial ground underground and unfortunately time was just too tight. Despite this, the stadium is still one of my top, top priorities. I'm not an evil man, honest...!"

The problem is that being a Cup game and not a league game, Man City have a share of the gate money so the cost to install a temporary stand may well out way any profit OUFC will make. Another game that could also be a sell out would be Sunderland which we have all the gate receipts so it could then prove financially prudent to have a temporary stand for the whole season.
full house or near full house inevitably sees TVP trot out their mounted division AND eye in the sky 'copters ( paid for - in the main- by OUFC).... temp stand needs to be a season-long, or longer installation to make it worthwhile.... and to at least break even, if not turn( a small) profit

Comment from Firoz:
"I was asked if it was possible to build a fourth stand for the cup game. Of course I agreed, but unfortunately the police said no/builder's granny died/we found a Roman burial ground underground and unfortunately time was just too tight. Despite this, the stadium is still one of my top, top priorities. I'm not an evil man, honest...!"
Yeah that’s what I remember happening, just as well we’ve got good old uncle Firoz as landlord. He’s lovely really. ?

I challenged the trust last night on Twitter about this subject. As yet, I have had no reply from the senior officers although I would hope it was being discussed. I do expect a reply from Colin.

I am fully aware of some of the challenges the football club have with Firoz, arbitration, day to day scenarios. I am also aware that some people are entrenched in their views but Jem found a solution two weeks prior to the Newcastle fixture and at the time, that caused some embarrassment for the football club as they had gone to press hours after our announcement on the agreement in principle, saying the contrary. They had to retract it.

Now, there is a fairly local company, who erect seating and had quoted for the Newcastle stand. Chances are there is a ton of time left for that to happen, if there was a desire. The club had issues like installing a turnstile, providing toilet facilities etc, but to be fair, GBT - the last decent MD, he had a lot of this organised. I have no doubt this is all to hand at the club. Ultimately, though, a breakdown in relationship was at play. Yet........Jem got FK to agree to it.

If people wish to dismiss this, without even putting in an ounce of effort, so be it. But I expect OXVOX, using the experiences provided by Jem, to be in a position of strength, bearing in mind the knowledge of this topic already.

I know some fantastic things are happening on the committee, being driven by some very good people (Ali, Paul etc) so no criticism being leveled but this is a topic that deserves respect and exploration. If arbitration remains a serious issue, so be it. If people don't have the time to put into it, so be it. If the football club genuinely don't want to do it due to resources, financial viability, so be it - but my bet is Tiger would want to do it.

But it might be prudent for the committee to try, if nothing more to speak with Firoz and maintain the dialogue that was put in place by Jem. You may already be doing that, so please let us know as you've been a bit quiet for too long.

Last edited:
I challenged the trust last night on Twitter about this subject. As yet, I have had no reply from the senior officers although I am aware it was being discussed. I do expect a reply from Colin.

I am fully aware of some of the challenges the football club have with Firoz, arbitration, day to day scenarios. I am also aware that some people are entrenched in their views but Jem found a solution two weeks prior to the Newcastle fixture and at the time, that caused some embarrassment for the football club as they had gone to press hours after our announcement on the agreement in principle, saying the contrary. They had to retract it.

Now, there is a fairly local company, who erect seating and had quoted for the Newcastle stand. Chances are there is a ton of time left for that to happen, if there was a desire. The club had issues like installing a turnstile, providing toilet facilities etc, but to be fair, GBT - the last decent MD, he had a lot of this organised. I have no doubt this is all to hand at the club. Ultimately, though, a breakdown in relationship was at play. Yet........Jem got FK to agree to it.

If people wish to dismiss this, without even putting in an ounce of effort, so be it. But I expect OXVOX, using the experiences provided by Jem, to be in a position of strength, bearing in mind the knowledge of this topic already.

I know some fantastic things are happening on the committee, being driven by some very good people (Ali, Paul etc) so no criticism being leveled but this is a topic that deserves respect and exploration. If arbitration remains a serious issue, so be it. If people don't have the time to put into it, so be it. If the football club genuinely don't want to do it due to resources, financial viability, so be it - but my bet is Tiger would want to do it.

But it might be prudent for the committee to try, if nothing more to speak with Firoz and maintain the dialogue that was put in place by Jem. You may already be doing that, so please let us know as you've been a bit quiet for too long.

While I don’t doubt any of these points, it’s a remarkable and strange situation whereby it falls to volunteer members of a supporters club to try and make arrangements of this kind.

An indication of the club’s odd and unfavourable predicament in regard to owners and landlord.

While I don’t doubt any of these points, it’s a remarkable and strange situation whereby it falls to volunteer members of a supporters club to try and make arrangements of this kind.

An indication of the club’s odd and unfavourable predicament in regard to owners and landlord.

Absolutely Matt. Shocking really.

But the Trust did find a solution previously, no reason why it can't be done again, working with Tiger, Michael Doyle and Firoz.

• React
Reactions: MJB
full house or near full house inevitably sees TVP trot out their mounted division AND eye in the sky 'copters ( paid for - in the main- by OUFC).... temp stand needs to be a season-long, or longer installation to make it worthwhile.... and to at least break even, if not turn( a small) profit
Totally agree.
We have this every big game.
This needs to be put up not for one game only but indefinitely.
It doesn't really make sense to put it up for one game and taking it back down again.
What if we fluke a win v City reserves and drew Man U at home in the next round.
The whole Kassam thing had a bad dream really

While it’s not ideal a temp stand up there permanently/till the ground is properly finished/we move away would be better than the current situation, fed up of looking at that fence, 17 bloody years is ridiculous.

Is sure I sat in a temporary stand at craven cottage a few years ago that looked like it had been there for years, probably still there now, so not really temporary.

While it’s not ideal a temp stand up there permanently/till the ground is properly finished/we move away would be better than the current situation, fed up of looking at that fence, 17 bloody years is ridiculous.
Totally agree.
I just think that the problem for 17 years has been Kassam. An awful landlord and we seem stuck with him.
He seems to love holding the club back.

I challenged the trust last night on Twitter about this subject. As yet, I have had no reply from the senior officers although I would hope it was being discussed. I do expect a reply from Colin.

Did the question get asked ? Any updates....?

I asked the question, on behalf of OxVox, the day after the draw, but the club feel that it is not financially viable to erect a fourth stand. There are operational difficulties that would need to be overcome, which also have a bearing on the decision. That in a nutshell is it.

It's entirely the club's decision whether they want to pursue this or not, and having decided not to pursue it, there is nothing for OxVox to do, irrespective of any relationship that may or may not exist with Firoka/Firoz Kassam. I understand and respect that decision completely. The club didn't want the Man City game to overshadow the preparations for Sunderland last weekend, and advised that they would be discussing ticketing arrangements on Monday and issuing them late Monday/early Tuesday, and that is what they did, thereby all would be aware that no fourth stand would be available.

You asked for a reply from me, Simon, and also emailed me separately, which I replied to on the same day with the answer, which you haven't acknowledged or replied to, by the way. Until the posts this morning I felt the subject had died away, due to the club issuing its ticketing arrangements, and it being obvious that there was no fourth stand. Hope this clears things up for those that were still not sure.

I asked the question, on behalf of OxVox, the day after the draw, but the club feel that it is not financially viable to erect a fourth stand. There are operational difficulties that would need to be overcome, which also have a bearing on the decision. That in a nutshell is it.

It's entirely the club's decision whether they want to pursue this or not, and having decided not to pursue it, there is nothing for OxVox to do, irrespective of any relationship that may or may not exist with Firoka/Firoz Kassam. I understand and respect that decision completely. The club didn't want the Man City game to overshadow the preparations for Sunderland last weekend, and advised that they would be discussing ticketing arrangements on Monday and issuing them late Monday/early Tuesday, and that is what they did, thereby all would be aware that no fourth stand would be available.

You asked for a reply from me, Simon, and also emailed me separately, which I replied to on the same day with the answer, which you haven't acknowledged or replied to, by the way. Until the posts this morning I felt the subject had died away, due to the club issuing its ticketing arrangements, and it being obvious that there was no fourth stand. Hope this clears things up for those that were still not sure.
Fair play Colin but with the incomplete stadium and the nightmare landlord, these questions will be asked every time we get a game that will be a full house.
Mr Kassam is the elephant in the room and until the club get control over the Stadium.....

Back
Top Bottom