Away Match Day Thread 4/9/21 L1: AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Ainsworth will be feeling confident for Saturday. Annoying for us that they are a very good set piece team. One thing for certain so far this season, as with the others Kr has been here, we are predictably unpredictable. Already very patchy form. Still, at least we've more points thus far than any other season under him.

Player Ratings.

Stevens 6
Forde 4
Moore 3
Thorniley 5
Seddon 6
Gorrin 7 strangely subbed?
Henry 8 MOTM for me
Brannagan 7
Sykes 8 strangely subbed?
Williams 5
Taylor 4

Hopefully the XI for Wycombe is: Stevens, Long Moore Thorniley Seddon, Gorrin Henry Brannagan, Sykes Winnall Whyte

Player Ratings.

Stevens 6
Forde 4
Moore 3
Thorniley 5
Seddon 6
Gorrin 7 strangely subbed?
Henry 8 MOTM for me
Brannagan 7
Sykes 8 strangely subbed?
Williams 5
Taylor 4
Moore 3? Not surprised we struggled if our only tall defender played badly.

Sykes MOTM for me, Moore and thorniley poor games. Also Gorin lost the ball lots in the centre mid and let the player he’s was marking, get away from him far to easy to score with a free header. Not sure what gorin was doing marking the CB though when thorniley wasn’t marking anyone!

Exactly, their ground while it may be on the small scale you can see that it would be easy to extend the capacity, it is also in the heart of the community and not some uninspiring out of town bowl. We can't use the phrase wait until our billionaires build us this amazing stadium in the city of dreaming spires when there isn't even any plans out there, nor have the horses mouth actually said they are going to build anything.

On to the game reflecting after a nights sleep. First half we should of buried more chances and another day we would of went in 3-0 up. Second half we invited them back on to us and they equalised, Holland misses a golden opportunity and they go down the other end and score. We let Wimbledon win by letting 2 set pieces in and not burying chances and not converting or making anything happen on the 10 corners we had. I do worry for the Wycombe game now as another second half performance like that and the fans will turn on Karl even more. There's being beat by a better team and there's throwing away a game. This was the latter.
Thanks I forgot about them 🥴

Winnall?! Why?!

Don't worry, I'm not expecting you to agree, but I actually think that if we'd started with Winnall yesterday we'd have won the game.

Taylor hasn't been at the races recently, and I'm not sure we'd have lost anything by switching the two. But what we do get from Winnall is someone who screams and shouts and organises and I think our defence would have been better for his earlier involvement. Of course there will be those who talk about the two penalties, but one hit him in the face and the other he won the ball before the play ran into him. We would also have had Taylor to come on and liven things up.

Karl could have switched them if he rates him highly, it could be argued the so called passion he shows is to hide his short Cummings, I’m not going to just complain about him he’s just not the quality player he once was Father Time has court up with him.

Last edited:
I’d seen the big fanfare on opening, I’d seen the photos inside the ground, it all looked good, So when I find this ground shoehorned between an industrial estate and blocks of flats, forgive me for being underwhelmed and disappointed. I expected better

Christ… why get so uptight about another clubs ground?

Forgive me if I don’t get it.

If/when we get our own ground and it’s shite, i’ll understand the criticism, but another clubs? Give me strength.

Christ… why get so uptight about another clubs ground?

Forgive me if I don’t get it.

If/when we get our own ground and it’s shite, i’ll understand the criticism, but another clubs? Give me strength.
Why get so irate about a fan gently ribbing an opponents ground ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom