Away Match Day Thread *** 4/8/2018 Barnsley FC v OUFC match day thread ***

Malc

Staff member
So the new season starts. I for one am very excited about the Yellows having a good season with a minimum of a top 10 finish. With more than 1000 tickets sold the atmosphere is going to be enormous.

Very curious about the line-up, really have no idea.

But it will be a win for the mighty Yellows 0-2. Scorers? No idea and don't care. Just bring the 3 points.

Ahh A new season upon us, Fairly optimistic for tomorrow, making the early start of 8AM to make it up there for 1pm. Barnsley haven't won on the opening day since 2012/13 and only once more after that since 2004. Karl has never lost on the opening day. [I've definitely jinxed it now]

Line Up for tomorrow
Eastwood
Mcmahon Nelson Dickie Garbutt
Brannagan Mousinho
Hall Henry Carruthers
Obika

Bench: Shearer;Norman;Raglan;Ruffels;Browne;Mackie;Smith

Really good following tommorow, expect it to be around 1300 of us. Score? 1-2 i fancy Obika to carry on his form by bagging one and one from a Mcmahon corner.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Garbutt
Brannagan Ruffels
Hall Henry Carruthers
Obika

1-1, late Henry equaliser. COYY

• React
Reactions: Ian
Eastwood
McMahon Dickie Nelson Garbutt
Brannagan Ruffels
Hall Henry Carruthers
Obika

1-1, late Henry equaliser. COYY

I'll just piggyback on this post for the lineup and score, but say Obika opens the scoring and they equalise late...

Its still pre -season, optimism at a peak.... 1-2 away win to get the season off to a flying start... Up the Manor :D

Eastwood
McMahon, Nelson, Dickie, Garbutt
Ruffels, Brannagan
Hall, Henry, Carruthers
Obika

Subs: Shearer, Norman, Moushino, Baptiste, Mackie, Browne, Smith,
I’m going for 3-1 oxford. 1400 away fans.
What a bench that is for attacking options! Once Holmes comes in then every player will have to on top of their game to keep their place.

This game stinks of 2-5 to Oxford. Put your mortgage on it.

After last season, I will be eagerly awaiting 40 points before getting optimistic.

Eh up lads! We’re going Yorkshire!
I reckon we’ll get sweet redemption for the Wembley loss. 0-1 to Oxford, courtesy of Mr Henry

Would be surprised if Ruffels and Hall start, but what do I know ;)

As with the first day of most seasons, I am full of hope before tomorrow. But with so many new players in the team/squad, I have no real idea how decent the team will be in a competitive match (especially if KR doesn't have them running up and down the Pennines to tire them out deliberately beforehand :) ). Fingers crossed!

Can't go tomorrow - give them an extra cheer from me!

Going for a mad 3-3 draw with 1500 away fans. Obika putting us ahead. Garbutt with a free kick to pull it back to 2-2. Smith to come off the bench and score a thumping header to make it 3-3 in added time.

Wild celebrations from the players and fans which set the foundations for our title winning season. Robinson post match declaring Oxford United the greatest club in the land.

I absolutely love the first game of the season.

Back
Top Bottom