Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
While other Pl referees whove officiated Oufc cup matches this season have been decent tonights shocking, one sided, incompetant, useless article (IMO) was the absolute opposite

Not only did every 50/50 decision seem to go.to the PL side, he allowed them to take an extra 10- 20 yards at throw ins, as well.as took no action when at (rare ) oxford fk s, as well as some thow ins , when the ball.was tkicked/thown away or a PL player carried the ball off, failed to give fouls on oxford players that were game changers (foul own Browne v early, foul on Browne in build up to thier 2nd goal, foul on Gorrin in pen area all being examples.... IMO) ......... he was even boo'd onto the pitch (by ssu &ssl ), which is a rarity in itself.

Bankes gets a 2/10 from me

Is he a graduate of the trevor kettle school of how to be a really crap referee?

The way he helped Almiron to his feet when he should have been booking him for diving was a total disgrace, I’m all for referees talking to players and even calling them by first names but helping him up off the floor, come on...
he turned a bling eye to the niggly fouls Newcastle were doing and pulled us up for the slightest of touches...
Certainly not the best official we have seen...!

Just awful.

Ignored the shirt pulls etc. Not booking Longstaff. How the foul on Agyei that we scored from wasn't a caution is anybody's guess. Telling the Newcastle keeper to hurry up whilst not doing anything about it. Injury time in the 1st half was basically a Newcastle player sitting on the ground supposedly injured. His timekeeping in general, how he only added on 2 minutes in the 1st half with Joelinton getting treatment 3 times. There are more but he was awful.

I scored him a 4. I scored him a generous 4. A point for each arm and leg. Other than that, he can suck one.

Premier League bias and a terribly unbalanced performance.

He/they seemed to purposely limit and disrupt our midfield. Not only did he favour them when it came to the 50/50, second ball, he very clearly favoured them when we started playing that final ball over, to pressure the last man. So many contentious decisions did not go our way.

Same old. Same old...

Last edited:
1 point from me , for all of the above. He was so bad , he made Eric Read look good.

How the ginger Longstaff got away with no booking(s) is criminal. I know the ref should have dealt with it anyway but probably would have helped to have had a Mackie/Mous in his ear about it

3 from me. Very partisan in approach to NUFC. Looked almost a touch of "hello boys, don't worry, I've got these lower league upstarts in my sights"
Second NUFC goal was preceeded by the foul on Brown and giving KR a yellow for protesting the obvious errors was just petty nonsense.
Might be a touch of sour grapes from losing but I expected more from officials who regularly attend games under the scrutiny of TV cameras.

Strange reading some of this but i think it's fans in general blaming the officials, the Newcastle fans feel he gave them nothing.
in my opinion it was not a foul on Browne, he sadly like so many today just decided to fall over.
he was not as bad as many are making out., helping Amron get up was no big deal and was far better than letting him waste time sitting there., at least no Var means the officials make the decision not someone sat miles away.

^^ as above, gets a 7 from me. I`ve seen far,far worse and if makes players learn to stay on their feet rather than cheat go down easily, so be it.

Strange reading some of this but i think it's fans in general blaming the officials, the Newcastle fans feel he gave them nothing.
in my opinion it was not a foul on Browne, he sadly like so many today just decided to fall over.
he was not as bad as many are making out., helping Amron get up was no big deal and was far better than letting him waste time sitting there., at least no Var means the officials make the decision not someone sat miles away.

I agree with this. I thought he was fairly fair. He missed a few pushes in the latter stages but overall bearing in mind the standard of refereeing we see at League 1 level, he was above average.

I've seen the challenge on Browne described as a 'blatant' foul. That it had to be looked at a few times and for the Beeb pundits to disagree shows it wasn't blatant at all. Browne had gone down easily earlier in the game and appeared to be playing for if before contact was made. Whether the challenge was firmer than usual is incidental - you reap what you sow.

I thought he was biased, and in wasn't towards us! Equivalent fouls were given one way but not the other, yellow cards were not given when they could be and he made sure the rub of the green went to the Prem team. He also spent much of his time officiating not far from the centre circle - he didn't keep up with play very well at all.
I'd rather have a poor ref than a partial one - a generous 2 from me.

I thought he was biased, and in wasn't towards us! Equivalent fouls were given one way but not the other, yellow cards were not given when they could be and he made sure the rub of the green went to the Prem team. He also spent much of his time officiating not far from the centre circle - he didn't keep up with play very well at all.
I'd rather have a poor ref than a partial one - a generous 2 from me.

Indeed the classic example on the cautions was Longstaff kicking Sykes with a high foot whilst not getting booked but Sykes did a pretty identical challenge and got booked.

I thought all 3/4 officials were bad, I wasn't close enough to North Stand lino to tell with him.

Ref was inconsistent in terms of yellow cars and fouls as above, the example where Longstaff pretended he was hurt to avoid a booking for a high tackle on Sykes and then seeing Sykes and Kelly booked for much less. In the second half of ET Newcastle must have spent 2 minutes after their goal celebrating before we kicked off again, their goalkeeper was taking an age with every free kick / goal kick yet he only added 1 extra minute.

The linesman on South Stand side wins an aware for awarding a goal kick in the first half despite their keeper running full pelt and diving full stretch to keep the ball in play.

Special mention for the most officious, pompous and up himself fourth official to grace the Kassam in many years and boy has their been competition for that award!

I thought all 3/4 officials were bad, I wasn't close enough to North Stand lino to tell with him.

Ref was inconsistent in terms of yellow cars and fouls as above, the example where Longstaff pretended he was hurt to avoid a booking for a high tackle on Sykes and then seeing Sykes and Kelly booked for much less. In the second half of ET Newcastle must have spent 2 minutes after their goal celebrating before we kicked off again, their goalkeeper was taking an age with every free kick / goal kick yet he only added 1 extra minute.

The linesman on South Stand side wins an aware for awarding a goal kick in the first half despite their keeper running full pelt and diving full stretch to keep the ball in play.

Special mention for the most officious, pompous and up himself fourth official to grace the Kassam in many years and boy has their been competition for that award!

defo came of one of ours i'm afraid

• React
Reactions: m

Sorry, no, should just let him sit there and get on with the game? Simple.
The refs get conned into assisting with time wasting methods. Just get on with the game.

I have given every ref this season 10/10 purely because I rate refs only on attendance and time keeping, other than being at the match on time I think you play into their huge egos by caring about them.

I gave this bloke 0/10 because even though he hit my criteria he appeared to believe he was Almirons personal valet, so however good his timekeeping I can’t ignore the fact he turned up to do the wrong job.

I was wondering ...… After they scored the 3rd goal, the Newcastle players were celebrating in front of their own fans, as they were all back in their own half could we have taken the kick off quickly? There is no rule to say they have to be "in formation" just all back in their half.

Oh and why did KR only get cautioned on the sideline? When they scored a fair few of they coaching staff and subs were celebrating on the pitch, with 2 coaches looking like they then started instructing some of the players whilst stood on the pitch so why weren't some of them cautioned?

Oh and why did KR only get cautioned on the sideline? When they scored a fair few of they coaching staff and subs were celebrating on the pitch, with 2 coaches looking like they then started instructing some of the players whilst stood on the pitch so why weren't some of them cautioned?

Presumably because he said something inappropriate to the linesman. We were all frustrated by the lack of a decision for the apparent foul on Browne, but I think coaching staff should be disciplined if they don’t conduct themselves properly, whatever team they represent.

As an aside, I’m not that bothered about a couple of coaches celebrating a goal at the end. It’s football and goals generate strong emotions amongst fans and staff (unless VAR is in use of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom