Away Match Day Thread 4/12/2021 L1: Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except black shirt with white shorts and socks isnt an away kit ....its a mixup of the two 'away' kits

Apart from the obvious ( that 2nd and 3rd kits are another way to fleece supporters) , given home colours are yellow and dark navy blue, is it really too unfeasible to simply reverse the colours for the 2nd kit?

Navy blue shirt with yellow trim, yellow shorts and socks for the away kit perhaps?

As we sort of did in 2016/17.
027b9f2fc4fdb8f0a6a67da835b7b3ef.jpg

Shirts are on another thread already gents. Please use that.

It's a pity the referee didn't add on another 10 seconds at the end of the game. Sykes had broken clear, Dan was in space and there were only two defenders scurrying back. It was the best chance we had to score in the second half.
We were up their end, that's all that matters! Especially away from home.

Except black shirt with white shorts and socks isnt an away kit ....its a mixup of the two 'away' kits

Apart from the obvious ( that 2nd and 3rd kits are another way to fleece supporters) , given home colours are yellow and dark navy blue, is it really too unfeasible to simply reverse the colours for the 2nd kit?

Navy blue shirt with yellow trim, yellow shorts and socks for the away kit perhaps?

Glad to see you're back with us #Sarge Stay well.

A week or so ago I was posting about our home atmosphere and after taking in yesterday* at one of the 'supposed' to be fantastic footballin' atmospheric arena's I'm happy to say that our 6k yes 6k of home support is now probably worth a bit more support (with a few tweaks) than we give our fans credit for. At the SOL there isn't any tweaks to be made as there are no excuses from a side who even though they are in league 1 with us, up there at the top end of this division, still commanding huge crowds but ultimately the atmosphere they create is reasoundly poor (said on their forum many times)... and please I don't want to hear any Sunlan sob stories as we've had plenty over the years to contend with ourselves!

Admittedly, when they attacked our goal a little more regularly in the second half the so called 'Roker' roar did up the ante a little bit but it soon extinguished and coupled with their fans heading for the exit quicker than anyone leaving I'm a celebrity.

To me, it seems like they ship in the 26k and put them all in a field with a wrap around roof and that's it...a few ooohs and it was over. Imagine though if we had the luxury of a 26k home support instead of our usual 6k...would our noise improve four fold? Absolutely, based on yesterday and to what our 6k achieve under some severe at times criticism I'm sure the noise if promoted would match a pro rata noise of any of the finest that other fans harp on about. I said on a previous post that there was only 3 teams so far in this league who's home support was the B*****s of a dog.

However, I'm hoping that we can improve on our home crowds during the mid to latter part of the season and if we did get to the championship our home crowds would rise immediately with the bigger names on show. This would be at the K*ssam to start with (probably with a temp stand at the West end of the ground) and improve even further with a spanky panky new gaff in a year or two on from promotion.

From what I've seen in much bigger away grounds I really haven't any doubt that all the noise would reappear in pre - proportional rates as and when the steps in front of us happens.

COYY'S...and onto Doncaster.

* this is my third visit in recent times to the SOL and in that time it has never been in my opinion too vociferous/intimidating but to Sunlan's credit it has always been a reasonably friendly place to come too.

However, back in the day a 'day visit 'to Roker Park wasn't ever a tea party by any means and with the visiting mackem's at the Manor in this period a pleasant experience was enjoyed by all (not) with plenty of flying debris about to keep one busy in ducking and diving techniques. Hello Del.

Swansea was always a ' friendly welcome as well !

They weren't the brightest either. My brother was driving and we were in the queue of traffic leaving after we'd drawn there. We had a scarf hanging out of the window and one of their morons first tried to damage the car by kicking the tyre, then followed it up helpfully tightening the knot by pulling the scarf. We then had a good chuckle as a Copper clotheslined the moron against a brick wall. His mate followed this by randomly opening the passenger door then running away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom