Away Match Build Up 4/12/2021 L1: Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to mention vaccines and covid again but the reactions online, mainly Twitter are insane. There were 6 games played tonight so assuming 50,000 fans at each game that's 300,000 in grounds tonight and two people were taken unwell.

Roughly 55 million people live in England so if 2 in 300,000 fell ill that'd equal 366 in 55 million if my late night maths is correct. Obviously it's sad to hear anyone is taken unwell but how people are using tonight to claim anything is off is beyond me.

Lets hope the two fans get well soon and back to the football. I think we can come away from Sunderland with a win and I'm praying it's warmer than the Kassam on Saturday!

Saturday’s game at Sunderland will be a milestone for BBC Oxford’s Nathan Cooper.

Nathan, BBC Oxford commentator and the voice of the Kassam Stadium on home matchdays where he is Matchday Announcer, will make it 1,000 Oxford United games in a row when he travels to the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

Sorry to mention vaccines and covid again but the reactions online, mainly Twitter are insane. There were 6 games played tonight so assuming 50,000 fans at each game that's 300,000 in grounds tonight and two people were taken unwell.

Roughly 55 million people live in England so if 2 in 300,000 fell ill that'd equal 366 in 55 million if my late night maths is correct. Obviously it's sad to hear anyone is taken unwell but how people are using tonight to claim anything is off is beyond me.

Lets hope the two fans get well soon and back to the football. I think we can come away from Sunderland with a win and I'm praying it's warmer than the Kassam on Saturday!

Those going to football tonight exceeded the entire population of Oxford, and sadly I'm sure more than 2 people were taken seriously unwell today, or any other day before or after covid.

Linking this to covid or vaccines without any supporting evidence is completely insane.

But still not as insane as the bazzer-esque ranting on the Sunderland forum.

Those going to football tonight exceeded the entire population of Oxford, and sadly I'm sure more than 2 people were taken seriously unwell today, or any other day before or after covid.

Linking this to covid or vaccines without any supporting evidence is completely insane.

But still not as insane as the bazzer-esque ranting on the Sunderland forum.
Bazzer can be a twonk but it’s not right to compare him to that lot!

So, where’s the best car parking options in Sunderland?
If driving I’d park in city centre visit the fabulous Duncow pub then walk over the bridge to the ground - it’s great how the whole town seems to move to the ground before kick off. Sadly can’t be there this year coz work - but great place to watch football - friendly hospitable fans (as long as you behave sensibly)and a really good ground - shame about where they put away fans though.

Notice that you can buy a video match pass for £10 for the Doncaster game but not for the Saturday games unless you live abroad, something to do with the BBC rights

That has been the case since before Covid that you can watch mid week games via iFollow.
Thanks Steve, i wasnt aware of that, thought it all stopped when we were all aloud back to matches. Up until this season i have been to nearly every game home and away, but now finding it difficult to sit on the coach for too long with problems with my knee, so unfortunately have got to cut down a little.

Saturday’s game at Sunderland will be a milestone for BBC Oxford’s Nathan Cooper.

Nathan, BBC Oxford commentator and the voice of the Kassam Stadium on home matchdays where he is Matchday Announcer, will make it 1,000 Oxford United games in a row when he travels to the Stadium of Light on Saturday.
If he has to miss it for whatever reason does that number reset to 0?

Thanks Steve, i wasnt aware of that, thought it all stopped when we were all aloud back to matches. Up until this season i have been to nearly every game home and away, but now finding it difficult to sit on the coach for too long with problems with my knee, so unfortunately have got to cut down a little.
You need to learn about VPNs!

That's a pretty amazing record.......to have not missed a game in what must be 17 or 18 years?

I enjoy his commentary the most out of all the RadOx team - succinct and to the point, generally accurate, doesn't talk too much and doesn't get too bogged down in anti-ref or opposition crusades (which is the one thing that bugs me about the otherwise excellent Jerome. Sometimes you just need to let it go, man!).

Here's looking forward to listening to Nathan for the next 1,000 games!

Was Nathan Cooper the guy who became Oxford's PA announcer at about age 16 just after Maxwell fell off his yacht?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom