Away Match Build Up 4/12/2021 L1: Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. A heart attack in the crowd could be covid related ( inference). Talk about nutty conspiracy theories.
'Clearly this vaccine doesn't really help' Seriously? Anybody who thinks that seriously doesn't read the numbers, understand how the vaccine has clearly massively helped. I fail to see how anybody could think anything else if you study the numbers (or are they made up by the media?)

What else has caused more medical emergencies at games since covid then? I didn't say the vaccine doesn't work I said it doesn't stop the spread which is obvious with how many positive cases we are getting daily nearly 2 years on. This subject come about as to why players have refused the vaccine and wether they should be excluded from playing

Wow. A heart attack in the crowd could be covid related ( inference). Talk about nutty conspiracy theories.
'Clearly this vaccine doesn't really help' Seriously? Anybody who thinks that seriously doesn't read the numbers, understand how the vaccine has clearly massively helped. I fail to see how anybody could think anything else if you study the numbers (or are they made up by the media?)

It’s all over Facebook every time any one collapses at a slightly high profile event. Doesn’t matter if like Charlie Wyke you point out that you have never had the vaccine, they will just say something like it can’t be coincidence that people are having heart attacks every week.

What else has caused more medical emergencies at games since covid then? I didn't say the vaccine doesn't work I said it doesn't stop the spread which is obvious with how many positive cases we are getting daily nearly 2 years on. This subject come about as to why players have refused the vaccine and wether they should be excluded from playing

Has there been more medical emergencies? Where is the actual proof of that?

We'll be the biggest club in Europe in 5 years time with Sam Long captaining England to World Cup glory. We'll have plenty in the pot to cover a poxy lawsuit or 2!
Wouldn't that be great, going totally off topic Sam Long having fought his way back from so many serious injuries, i think has made him the potential Captain/Leader he has become. Even if his playing career plateaus at L1 level i think he has potential to be a very decent Manager/Coach

Has there been more medical emergencies? Where is the actual proof of that?

2 games stopped tonight, Newcastle game a few weeks back, Dagenham fa cup game, Ericson in the euros. Couple of reported abroad matches this month and a couple in non league.

2 games stopped tonight, Newcastle game a few weeks back, Dagenham fa cup game, Ericson in the euros. Couple of reported abroad matches this month and a couple in non league.

The two games tonight are for people in the crowd needing medical assistance, I have been to plenty of Oxford games where people have had medical incidents and needed help, it’s not a new thing. Players have collapsed on the pitch before as well. You don’t even have the slightest clue about the vaccination status of any of the people in these cases, its not evidence.

Edit. Eriksen was apparently not even vaccinated.

Sunderland lost at home to Oldham 0-1. All over to their forum for a laugh.
I've read their forum "pure football" they call it, what a f*****g con, it's full off moaning, disgruntled and bitter morons.

Last edited:
Another fan had a heart attack in the crowd at the Watford v Chelsea game tonight, obviously it can't be determined if it's covid/booster related but it seems to becoming a lot more frequent, no wonder footballers are being a bit cautious before jumping in to keep getting jabbed especially when 80% of the adult population being fully vaccinated hasn't done alot to stop the spread. Don't forget alot of people under 50 got vaccinated to stop the spread to protect others but clearly this vaccine doesn't really help this so I can't see what getting boosters is going to help with
the situation.
Much more likely to be pie-related.

The two games tonight are for people in the crowd needing medical assistance, I have been to plenty of Oxford games where people have had medical incidents and needed help, it’s not a new thing. Players have collapsed on the pitch before as well. You don’t even have the slightest clue about the vaccination status of any of the people in these cases, its not evidence.

How many more times have I got to repeat this !!!! I didn't say because of the vaccine, I said covid could be the reason as its known to cause heart problems.

How many more times have I got to repeat this !!!! I didn't say because of the vaccine, I said covid could be the reason as its known to cause heart problems.

Fair enough but the numbers are so small and heart attacks/whatever are so common that when taken alongside the numbers that attend football matches (and the ages and, let’s be honest some pretty unfit people) that you can’t really draw anything from them.

What seems to be happening is that club medical teams are dealing with medical emergencies, rather than, as traditionally, St. John’s, club doctors or physicians in the crowd. At that point games are stopped. There is nothing and I repeat, nothing that links these incidents to COVID.

What seems to be happening is that club medical teams are dealing with medical emergencies, rather than, as traditionally, St. John’s, club doctors or physicians in the crowd. At that point games are stopped. There is nothing and I repeat, nothing that links these incidents to COVID.

Well no one can be certain the cause so you can't rule out covid but I get your point about games being stopped highlighting more incidents.

Meltdown on the Mackems site, and interesting analogy: "He's expecting over 30k for Saturday and has 13-14 fit players."
There is nothing to fear here, and if we play anywhere near as we did against Burton, we can win comfortable. Their fans will be on their backs after 15 mins as usual if we score. Hopefully our fans, aka Ipswich, will do their bit.

This is based on the assumption that the player is employed under an employment contract, which I imagine is not the case. (?)

If the player is paid but refused the ability to play, then they have skills which degrade by their very nature and as such the refusal could be considered a repudiatory breach of their implied terms hence legitimising a termination amounting to constructive UD.

If the club relied on gross misconduct they would have to rely on their GM policy to prove that the conduct amounted to GM and it would be hard to link vaccine hesitancy with any of the typical acts of GM normally cited in the policy (serious fraud, violence, theft etc.).

You're right that the club would probably be required to settle a claim or face becoming a "test case" for unfair dismissal re vaccine hesitancy in a non health-care setting.
I didn’t mean to set this off again. You’re right, existing contracts won’t have clauses relating to accepting vaccines - but maybe in future some will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom