Away Match Build Up 4/12/2021 L1: Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trueman going back suggests one or more of Eastwood, Stevens or Plumley are fit enough to play

Why would it be covid/booster related?

Pre covid how many games were halted because of a medical emergency compared to now where every other week there is one? Can't just be coincidence.

Pre covid how many games were halted because of a medical emergency compared to now where every other week there is one? Can't just be coincidence.
There’s two tonight Southampton game delayed start to second half due to
Medical emergency in stands
I’m intrigued to know how you think this has links to COVID vaccines

Also you completely fail to understand what a vaccination does. The vaccine enables the body to successfully fight the infection. It was never designed to stop people catching covid but it does stop the same people from becoming seriously ill, needing hospitalisation or dying. And on that basis the vaccine is a huge success.

They government have stated many times the reason they want kids vaccinated is to stop the spread not to protect themselves.

There’s two tonight Southampton game delayed start to second half due to
Medical emergency in stands
I’m intrigued to know how you think this has links to COVID vaccines

Read it again I said covid / vaccine so either or both could be the cause but I said there is no evidence to back up only that its a coincidence since covid that medical emergencies have increased.

Another fan had a heart attack in the crowd at the Watford v Chelsea game tonight, obviously it can't be determined if it's covid/booster related but it seems to becoming a lot more frequent, no wonder footballers are being a bit cautious before jumping in to keep getting jabbed especially when 80% of the adult population being fully vaccinated hasn't done alot to stop the spread. Don't forget alot of people under 50 got vaccinated to stop the spread to protect others but clearly this vaccine doesn't really help this so I can't see what getting boosters is going to help with
the situation.
This should be the ‘official’ end of the COVID debate on this thread. I mean, at this point it is technically impossible to actually get any more ill informed.

I'd only heard that players were returning on a staggered basis and were undergoing tests. A couple were pretty poorly, and I believe that Mark Sykes was one, but don't know if there are ongoing health/fitness concerns.
Well Mark Sykes was unvaccinated previously, he missed a match because of possible close contact and being unvaccinated so I doubt he's had time to get doubled jabbed. The unvaccinated seem to be suffering more so he may not be available I suppose.

Medical emergencies have always been fairly common within football stadia, the thing that is uncommon, is games being stopped for them.

The difference this season is that we've seen games being delayed, mainly due to either of the side's medical staff being involved from the dugouts and therefore see the game get halted. The situation at Newcastle has probably changed how such events are handled going forward i.e. attracting the attention of those on the pitch/dugout area rather than just the nearest steward/police/medic.

As for Sunderland, I think they and their crowd will be bang up for it. We all missed the drama/chaos of last season with the Stevens incident, Power incident etc.
Robinson will no doubt get booked and their crowd will get on his back.
Hopefully we keep our heads and take the game to them and avoid any unnecessary pressure on the Doncaster game.

Interesting point. Not sure. It would certainly be fixed in term, but whether they are or are not an employee, I don’t know.

I suppose the player could argue that his ‘worth’ is linked appearances/goals/clean sheets/team’s success and his omission devalues his ability to maximise his future earnings accordingly.

It’s certainly a stretch, but I can’t see another vehicle by which they could justify it.
The first point is an interesting one - on a non COVID front I can’t ever remember a player taking action having been frozen out, which seems to happen on a weekly basis. Many players are sent to train with kids and reserves with little chance of first team action but that seems to resolve itself with a change of management or a transfer.

Another fan had a heart attack in the crowd at the Watford v Chelsea game tonight, obviously it can't be determined if it's covid/booster related but it seems to becoming a lot more frequent, no wonder footballers are being a bit cautious before jumping in to keep getting jabbed especially when 80% of the adult population being fully vaccinated hasn't done alot to stop the spread. Don't forget alot of people under 50 got vaccinated to stop the spread to protect others but clearly this vaccine doesn't really help this so I can't see what getting boosters is going to help with
the situation.
The lingering effects of COVID have been know to increase the risk of heart problems in many ages. Please keep your conspiracy theories out of game threads.

Anything to back that up or are you just assuming the unvaccinated players are suffering more?
Just assuming based on family experience. All will become clear soon I think. Anyway I'll leave it there as I've just realised I'm being drawn into the alternative world of the better informed.

Last edited:
the situation.
Wow. A heart attack in the crowd could be covid related ( inference). Talk about nutty conspiracy theories.
'Clearly this vaccine doesn't really help' Seriously? Anybody who thinks that seriously doesn't read the numbers, understand how the vaccine has clearly massively helped. I fail to see how anybody could think anything else if you study the numbers (or are they made up by the media?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom