Away Match Build Up 4/12/2021 L1: Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Twenty’s Plenty was in 2016, it should now be £22.20 is Plenty with cpi adjustment.
We were talking to some Palace fans on the train to Wigan and apparently EPL away tickets are capped at £30 for adults.
Previously they'd been paying £60+ for matches like Man U / Arsenal etc.

I guess there is so much money sloshing around in the EPL that even losing £50K on away fans' tickets each match doesn't really make any difference to them.

Preston - Cardiff was £28, I'm not too sure what other Championship games are like.

£20 or £25 cap for away prices in League 1 would be good, particularly as we are already paying for travel and are more likely to buy food and drink and programme at an away game.

OUFC haven't made it obvious that it is an all ticket match. They've responded to people on twitter who have asked, but the article on the website just describes "advance tickets being available" - nothing about not being available on the day.

Might be a fair few people waiting for weather forecasts etc. before making the decision.
The club confirmed earlier when I bought my tickets. Non Available on the day.

May be a stupid point but do the club realise Seddon is suspended?

You'd hope they'd know.
RadOx were confused at the weekend as they kept referring to last season's booking regulations rather than this seasons.
This year the cut off for 5 games was 19 games, last year was 17.

I’d only make 3 changes. Eastwood back in goal. Thorniley in for Hanson to give back 4 balance & Taylor in for McGuane.

Eastwood
Long McNally Thorniley Seddon
Henry Kane Brannagan
Whyte Taylor Holland
Seddon is suspended so perhaps shove Thorniley to LB and Moore back in.

Anyone venturing through the East Mids may need to check train services.... basically one train an hour to Sheffield.
FFbqDx2XoAEI7Vr

I’d only make 3 changes. Eastwood back in goal. Thorniley in for Hanson to give back 4 balance & Taylor in for McGuane.

Eastwood
Long McNally Thorniley Seddon
Henry Kane Brannagan
Whyte Taylor Holland
I would have Moore instead of Thorniley and Sykes for Whyte (covid recovery allowing)
Thorniley at left back if Seddon is suspended

The referee for the game is Jeremy Simpson. A name I've not heard of before. It appears he is primarily a Championship referee. Reffed Derby v QPR last night.
Hopefully a better standard than Mr Kettle.

We were talking to some Palace fans on the train to Wigan and apparently EPL away tickets are capped at £30 for adults.
Previously they'd been paying £60+ for matches like Man U / Arsenal etc.

I guess there is so much money sloshing around in the EPL that even losing £50K on away fans' tickets each match doesn't really make any difference to them.

Preston - Cardiff was £28, I'm not too sure what other Championship games are like.

£20 or £25 cap for away prices in League 1 would be good, particularly as we are already paying for travel and are more likely to buy food and drink and programme at an away game.
You would hope they would look at things like Cheltenham away is £26 which is the same price as Sheffield Wednesday!
For comparison we charge £24 which again I think is too high.

You would hope they would look at things like Cheltenham away is £26 which is the same price as Sheffield Wednesday!
For comparison we charge £24 which again I think is too high.
To play Devils Advocate a bit here: Why should Cheltenham charge less than Sheffield Wednesday? With smaller crowds they probably need the money more anyway, they are in the same division, the overall cost to Oxford fans would actually be less (no hotel needed, travel cheaper etc). So why should they be cheaper? Surely we aren't saying that 'big' clubs are somehow entitled to charge fans more than 'little' ones?

Rotherham, Wigan, Mk Dons all won last night in the pizza cup. They have an extra fixture added to them. Which could be a good thing ie injuries, suspensions, and fatigue.

Hopefully Sunderland beat Oldham tonight, and that will give them an extra game too.

I can see us winning this Saturday! 1-3

0-2 this weekend with Taylor scoring twice for us Sunderland aren’t anything special I think if our weaker team can draw with probably the best team in lg1 then are strongest team should be able to beat Sunderland

0-2 this weekend with Taylor scoring twice for us Sunderland aren’t anything special I think if our weaker team can draw with probably the best team in lg1 then are strongest team should be able to beat Sunderland
Do we know whether the players are back from covid and fit. I have a feeling the unvaccinated ones may be out for a bit longer than their isolation period.

I hope they are back and ready to
play if not then maybe questions should start to be asked why professional sports people are refusing vaccinations
Ideally I’d fine and suspend any player who harmed the club so unprofessionally , but clearly we won’t, as we need them to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom