Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
got more than a few calls totally wrong ... over-ruled H'pool pen claim (seem em given for less too),and , along with his assistants, also missed that potentially red card off the ball challenge on Dickie late on.... a generous* 4/10 from me

* i tend to be a tad more generous if the U's play well, and win (as we did in the 2nd half today)

Last edited:
Only a three from me. Got too many decisions wrong and fell for the blatant acting by Hartlepool players including one where he stopped play. Overruled his assistant for a throw that he couldn't have possibly seen and then called another back only for it to be taken from the same spot.
I would have been critical of the lack of action for the felling of Dickie but, he didn't (apparently) see that either.

He was OK in general, let the game flow relatively well and the cards were all OK.
Obviously he missed the right hook on Dickie but he was facing away from the box so not sure if you can blame him for that. This is a crystal clear case where VAR earns its worth.
Their penalty shout...well I wouldn't have complained TOO much if he gave it. I'd say it would be given 6 out of 10 times or so.

One thing though...the setting of the wall. Now, he may have his system worked out to measure the right distance...I'm sure every ref does (hell, I know an international cricket player who marks his run up with 42 heel-to-toe steps!). And in his case it's one big first step then seven normal ones. Well it might be right to the centimetre but wouldn't you use a system with ten steps just to remove the issue from the equation?

Anyway, I've been your host Mike Riley...good night everyone.

Last edited:
Thought he was decent today. Where he made mistakes he was generally consistent with the intrepretation for both teams making those mistakes. Allowed the game to flow which was good.

We will see a hell of a lot worse performances than that this season.

He was ok, took ages to get the game going at free kicks and corners, let some nasty off the ball stuff go on Baptiste - fell sorry for him as he was constantly left on the ground.

However, he did have a desire to be the centre of attention, so broadly its not an awful performance

If he wrongly disallows a penalty claim for the opposition are we supposed to award him more points or fewer?

He stopped us taking a quick throw as it was in the wrong place, but we took it in the same place!

If he wrongly disallows a penalty claim for the opposition are we supposed to award him more points or fewer?
Fewer. It's how well he reffed over the whole game.

And then we send him a box of sweets to say thanks.

From my perspective, there was some contact but their player made it look a lot worse than it was - Fosu did a similar thing the other week and that Ref just laughed him off.

To be fair, we can claim that a lot of off the ball stuff on Baptiste and Dickie was unpunished and on another day, a Ref would have brandished cards like confetti at the persistent offending.

For the Hartlepool penalty claim the player was offside but the linesman wasn’t up with play.was in line with it and everyone around me was moaning about no offside being given.

He got a lot wrong and much of it has been nicely pointed out on here already. Over-ruling his assistants when it suited him even though he wasn't best placed to know better than them. Went against is both times. That quick throw in only to let us still take it from the same place was ridiculous. He'd allowed free-kicks to be taken much more out of place than this. And his measuring of the distance players needed to be away from free kick was very strange. each referee will know how many of their steps equals the full ten yards. the number of steps he used was not consistent. It seemed to be that the further away from goal the free-kick was the fewer steps he took. He also did nothing to get individuals ten yards back when the free-kick was way out and there was no wall being set up. Sometimes a Hartlepool player was no more than 3 yards away.
Taking everything into consideration I thought he was pretty crap but nowhere near the worst we've had which tells how poor standards are. As for their penalty claim, I'm really not sure.

i think you may find the re taken throw in was because a certain Robbo grabbed it outside his technical area threw it to one of ours who then took a quicker throw.

i think you may find the re taken throw in was because a certain Robbo grabbed it outside his technical area threw it to one of ours who then took a quicker throw.
Possibly. But I thought Salisbury indicated where he thought the throw should be taken from. I've never before come across the reason you give for a ref to order the re-taking of a throw. Live and learn.

Possibly. But I thought Salisbury indicated where he thought the throw should be taken from. I've never before come across the reason you give for a ref to order the re-taking of a throw. Live and learn.
He deffo pointed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom