Home Match Day Thread ### 4/05/2019 OUFC U18 v Sw*nd*n T*wn U18 Special match day thread ###

I think number 8 was Tyler Goodrham (was he quite short?). He starts as a first-year scholar next season. I have been quite impressed with him when I've seen him play.
Yes he was quite short. Loads of potential if he is only staring as a first year scholar next season.
Thanks for that.

I think number 8 was Tyler Goodrham (was he quite short?). He starts as a first-year scholar next season. I have been quite impressed with him when I've seen him play.

Yes it was him. Had a decent game and has real pace.

I forgot to say I enjoyed the confidence and composure shown by the players, particularly the centre halves (one was Viktor Milton (no.5) I think who turned and beat one of their forwards beautifully) with the ball when under pressure. The Academy coaching set up throughout deserve a lot of credit for this approach and trusting the players even though clearly mistakes will happen occasionally. It was clear that Leon Blackmore-Such and Chrissy Hackett encourage the players in doing this based on their reactions/enjoyment on the sideline.

Yes it was him. Had a decent game and has real pace.

I forgot to say I enjoyed the confidence and composure shown by the players, particularly the centre halves (one was Viktor Milton (no.5) I think who turned and beat one of their forwards beautifully) with the ball when under pressure. The Academy coaching set up throughout deserve a lot of credit for this approach and trusting the players even though clearly mistakes will happen occasionally. It was clear that Leon Blackmore-Such and Chrissy Hackett encourage the players in doing this based on their reactions/enjoyment on the sideline.

Hasn't he just come back after a pretty serious injury? Props to him if he's got that kind of composure, he's only just started fitness training in the past few weeks!

Hasn't he just come back after a pretty serious injury? Props to him if he's got that kind of composure, he's only just started fitness training in the past few weeks!

I'm assuming it was him as no.5 looked very similar to Viktor Milton's photo on the OWS but could be wrong.

I believe you are right about the injury and it is an impressive recovery.

Last edited:
I know that this is one of Sarge's favourite topics, but I agree with him.that it would be really useful to be able to get the players names at games.
I couldn't even find the team on the club website/ Twitter feed let alone there being a team sheet at the game.

I know that this is one of Sarge's favourite topics, but I agree with him.that it would be really useful to be able to get the players names at games.
I couldn't even find the team on the club website/ Twitter feed let alone there being a team sheet at the game.

I believe there are legal reasons for that? If not legal then there's certainly a code in place. I don't think it's a case of the club not being arsed to put a team sheet out.

I believe there are legal reasons for that? If not legal then there's certainly a code in place. I don't think it's a case of the club not being arsed to put a team sheet out.

thats about right @beyondthefourth

legality, I believe, is something along the lines of, any academy/ younger players aged, (I could be wrong on this!), 16 & under or maybe under 16? in either squad ( home or away side) cant be made public when said youngsters are playing a(n official) match

Ah ok. I get that but it is a shame watching the game and not being able to work out who is and isnt playing

Back
Top Bottom