35 years ago today!

McVicar

The Milk Cup replay at Old Trafford.

'Brockbuster!' - will never forget Brocky's free-kick going in the top corner at the Stretford End. Was still going mental when Stapleton headed the equaliser!

But what a great night that was.

35 years. Wow!!!

I was there, and for the other two ties.

We weren't expected to get anything that night but after that second draw I just KNEW we would win the third at The Manor. The rest, as they say, is history.

Those 35 years since have gone damned quickly..........

35 years. Wow!!!

I was there, and for the other two ties.

We weren't expected to get anything that night but after that second draw I just KNEW we would win the third at The Manor. The rest, as they say, is history.

Those 35 years since have gone damned quickly..........

the days when home games at the Manor were an intimidating experience for any visiting side.
Cliche it may be, under Jim Smith , with the team he built firing on all cylinders, and a near sold out crowd most matches, during those times in the 80s, the Manor WAS a fortress

BTF although the Manor WAS a fortress, and we often sold out in those halcyon days, the actual crowd size was quite low. 8000 doesn’t look quite so impressive at the Breezeblock.

BTF although the Manor WAS a fortress, and we often sold out in those halcyon days, the actual crowd size was quite low. 8000 doesn’t look quite so impressive at the Breezeblock.
After incoming safety regs at The Manor , wasnt capacity reduced to in the region of 11000 maximum during the early/mid 80s? .....indeed @CheltenhamYellow , even the old first division (now Prem') level football that was on offer for 3 seasons averaged about 8000 or there abouts at that time.

14500 or so 83 and 84 I think, then a bit less 85-6-7 because of the Osler redevelopment and over the top fencing system.

Must have been 4k of Oxford at Old Trafford that night. Shame Manure equalised while we were still celebrating ours!

Back
Top Bottom