34 years ago today

I was in the Osler about level with the edge of the penalty area, can still see that goal now. The ball just seemed to hang for an age before dropping into the goal.

What a great night that was !!!
I remember getting home and watching it on television and if I remember right when the goal went in the camera switched to an Oxford fan jumping up and down on the top of the dugout

Be thankful you have the memories, nothing before 88 for me. Makes the good times taste even sweeter though...

You have to remember how poor we were before the bald eagle took over,Bill asprey......

and that was the SECOND replay of that particular cup tie, after holding Big Ron's Man Utd side at the Manor , then at Old Trafford, AET too

in the pre premiership days, ....cant have replays anymore as it might tire out the poor , overpaid prima donnas in the top fligh too much.

Cheers for the reminder of one of the many great memories of the days at The Manor bicesterox :)

and that was the SECOND replay of that particular cup tie, after holding Big Ron's Man Utd side at the Manor , then at Old Trafford, AET too

in the pre premiership days, ....cant have replays anymore as it might tire out the poor , overpaid prima donnas in the top fligh too much.

Cheers for the reminder of one of the many great memories of the days at The Manor bicesterox :)
Was that the tie Maxwell insisted on a coin toss rather than just give in to Man U?

Was that the tie Maxwell insisted on a coin toss rather than just give in to Man U?
Yep that's the one. Didn't they try to bully us with gate receipt money? Many a chairman now would have taken another game at Old Trafford, good on Maxwell for standing his ground.

What a night that was... awesome. Was stood in Beech Road pretty much level with Biggins when he looped that ball in.. Feels really strange watching those highlights after all this time...

I was in my usual place in the far right of the right side London Road.
Great night

I went to all three games. After the draw at The Manor no-one gave us much chance in the replay BUT after that second draw I just knew we'd get through. The mid-week cup games under the lights in that era were just something else, never to be repeated. Undoubtedly the best time to be an Oxford fan.

I was in the Osler about level with the edge of the penalty area, can still see that goal now. The ball just seemed to hang for an age before dropping into the goal.
Me too, started off in the corner of the Cuckoo Lane with the Man U fans as it was the only ticket I could get. There were quite a few other Oxford there too. Got taken out by the police and put into the Ostler Road. Probably for the best!

I too went to all 3 games, travelling on the London Road coach and missing school to go to the away game. The feeling in that era has only been replicated in the latest promotion year. Carlisle away came very close.

Back
Top Bottom