Away Match Day Thread 31/8/21 Papa John Trophy: Cambridge United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Eaten all your pizza, including the crusts? Box in the rubbish bin? Okay. Then we'll begin.
Definitely not a must win match. More a neeh, so what game. But give some of the younger lads an outing an really try to win. It's good for the self-confidence.

Get as many "fringe" players in as possible and rest as many first teamers as we are allowed to. Never know what the rules are for these games with who we can play, but if we can I'd go for:

Easty
Forde McNally Mous Elechi
Kane
McGuane LCP
Goodrham Agyei Cooper

Spots on the bench for any coming back from injury who could do with 30 minutes in the legs. Reckon we'll scrape a win with one of the fringe boys impressing and one looking rubbish.

Get as many "fringe" players in as possible and rest as many first teamers as we are allowed to. Never know what the rules are for these games with who we can play, but if we can I'd go for:

Easty
Forde McNally Mous Elechi
Kane
McGuane LCP
Goodrham Agyei Cooper

Spots on the bench for any coming back from injury who could do with 30 minutes in the legs. Reckon we'll scrape a win with one of the fringe boys impressing and one looking rubbish.

I expect Holland to be given time on the wing, fitness allowing and Winnall to play.

With the window closing tonight, the squad named will be interesting.
Absences of Agyei and Cooper in particular would suggest they may be securing moves elsewhere.

REF WATCH :

Chippenham based Sam Allison is the Man in the Middle for tonight’s EFL trophy tie at Cambridge.
Allison was promoted to the EFL list in the summer of 2020 and takes charge of his first OUFC match.

Allison made the headlines at the weekend after an injury time brawl at Shrewsbury saw the official send off Gillingham’s
Daniel Phillips, Shrewsbury’s Harry Burgoyne and David Davis along with Gills Assistant Paul Raynor.
Shrews sub ‘keeper Burgoyne appears to throttle Raynor whilst Steve Evans shuffles away from the agro.

Erdl174XEAEZCkf

REF WATCH :

Chippenham based Sam Allison is the Man in the Middle for tonight’s EFL trophy tie at Cambridge.
Allison was promoted to the EFL list in the summer of 2020 and takes charge of his first OUFC match.

Allison made the headlines at the weekend after an injury time brawl at Shrewsbury saw the official send off Gillingham’s
Daniel Phillips, Shrewsbury’s Harry Burgoyne and David Davis along with Gills Assistant Paul Raynor.
Shrews sub ‘keeper Burgoyne appears to throttle Raynor whilst Steve Evans shuffles away from the agro.

Erdl174XEAEZCkf
The only surprise in that Gillingham scuffle is that it's taken this many years for someone throttle Paul Raynor. He's a horrible individual and the keeper certainly doesn't hold back!

REF WATCH :

Erdl174XEAEZCkf

Apparently Raynor was gobbing off which started it on the sideline and got him sent off. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Eastwood
Forde McNally Thorniley/Moore Elechi
Johnson
Kane Mcguane
Agyei Winnall Cooper​

Bench: Stevens, Mousinho, Brannagan, Sykes, Taylor

REF WATCH :

Anyone who sends the revolting Raynor off is OK by me - and the Shrews sub keeper needs a raise!

Eastwood
Johnson
Kane Mcguane
Agyei Winnall Cooper​

Much rather see LCP play in midfield than Johnson as, to me, he is the closest one to getting into the first team squad.

So...

LCP Kane McGuane

Eastwood
Johnson
Kane Mcguane
Agyei Winnall Cooper​

I reckon the new keeper will be on the bench, giving Stevens the night off.

Much rather see LCP play in midfield than Johnson as, to me, he is the closest one to getting into the first team squad.

So...

LCP Kane McGuane
Robbo might play LCP at leftback, like he did at Burton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom