Away Match Build Up 31/8/21 Papa John Trophy: Cambridge United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
One exciting thing to pick up on…now we are out of the Carabao Cup, it means season ticket holders can attend the home games against Stevenage and Tottenham’s youth side for free in this competition 🤩

One exciting thing to pick up on…now we are out of the Carabao Cup, it means season ticket holders can attend the home games against Stevenage and Tottenham’s youth side for free in this competition 🤩
Well played Oxford 👏:D

We will be able to work out the number of season ticket holders we have pretty easily.

I live just five and a half miles from the Abbey Stadium, so I'm going along. I won't be taking advantage of free entry for the Stevenage and Spurs games.

Unpopular opinion - I like the EFL Trophy.

Genuine chance of silverware and a Wembley appearance, competitive matches which aren’t fatal to the bigger picture if we go out and I like the way that KR approaches it. He uses the youth players well in it and rotates the squad. The group stage expands that chance for some of the squad players to shine although I’d happily keep the format without the Under Twenty-whatevers in it.

It’s three matches at least for us to give the likes of LCP, Josh Johnson, GO’D and the like minutes to see what they are capable of.

Genuine chance of silverware and a Wembley appearance, competitive matches which aren’t fatal to the bigger picture if we go out and I like the way that KR approaches it. He uses the youth players well in it and rotates the squad. The group stage expands that chance for some of the squad players to shine although I’d happily keep the format without the Under Twenty-whatevers in it.

It’s three matches at least for us to give the likes of LCP, Josh Johnson, GO’D and the like minutes to see what they are capable of.
It is a good competition to blood the younger players and give game time to the fringe players.
I assume that Eastwood, JJ, LCP, McGuane, Cooper (if not loaned out), Agyei will play.

I like it but not enough to travel to Cambridge again.

Eastwood

Forde McNally Mousinho Elechi

LCP Johnson Kane

Holland Winnall McGuane

Barnsley or Coventry?

Both were cracking days out to be fair.

AMF - but hold a Wembley exemption! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I went to the Barnsley one, but that was pre B team.

I didn't really enjoy Barnsley though, just couldn't really care less about it for some reason. I'm 5x happier when we win a league game than lift a meaningless trophy.

But I recognise its money for the club.

I went to the Barnsley one, but that was pre B team.

I didn't really enjoy Barnsley though, just couldn't really care less about it for some reason. I'm 5x happier when we win a league game than lift a meaningless trophy.

But I recognise its money for the club.
When was the last time we lifted a meaningless trophy?

Precisely.
Anyway here is the thread entitled B team boycott for everyone who wishes to have that discussion again.

IT will be interesting to see the strength of team put out. With injuries I don't think we have too much choice about it!

I don't get this boycott one bit, your supporting your own club not the under 21 premier team. Plus surely the more money the club get the better. What else would you do on a Tuesday night? Oxford is life and I don't care if its a friendly, trophy or league game I will always try and attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom