Away Match Build Up 31-10-2020 L1 Fleetwood Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we’re probably going to lose anyway, I’d start Nico Jones too, give the lad a boost by saying 1) I trust you to start and 2) Don’t beat yourself up if we concede as we’ve been doing that anyway!

Stevens
Long Moore Jones Ruffels
Gorrin
Forde Sykes
Agyei Taylor Cooper​

Just to mix things up a bit...
I could get on board with this.

No Atkinson again according to the mail as he has problems again, I read somewhere that he had failed a medical with another club prior to signing for us , not good news for him if he can’t stay fit, I would play every defender we have on Saturday in order to try to keep a clean sheet as we can’t score why bother with a forward line

5-1 in afraid there attacking players will take the P**s out of that thing we call a defence and the dodgy keeper behind it will make at least one mistake to keep up his record
I would love to be wrong but I just can’t see anything from this game

Winnall out for at least another week not having had preseason, not up to speed. as yet. KR says will play him in cups 30mins—60mins

In the MK Dons game there were signs of James Henry rediscovering a bit of form. This wasn't maintained against Charlton, where he became pretty anonymous after the opening spell, and then missed a very good chance late in the second half.
He was captain, and the whole team seemed too quiet.
How about giving Gorrin the armband? The extra responsibility might curb his tendency to pick up unnecessary bookings, and he looked back to good form on Tuesday night, booking apart.

This Saturday we need to be horrible we need to get aggressive in there face so I’m thinking 4-5-1 flat
Eastwood
Clare long Moore ruffs
Forde Henry Gorrin Sykes cooper
Taylor

Last edited:
Not confident when we play Fleetwood and the way things are I would say “ we ain’t got a cat in hells chance “

I'll stay realistic.
My hopes are Easty doesn't make a howler and we have no new injuries.
Everything else (for now) is secondary, including the result. I know we need to turn things around and KR is responsible for a lot of the problems...but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Watch us go and win now!

I'd like us not to concede a goal. If Gorrin could avoid his now customary yellow card, and any defender (especially) could avoid getting injured that would be a bonus.

That is the peak of my ambition for this game.

I'd like us not to concede a goal. If Gorrin could avoid his now customary yellow card, and any defender (especially) could avoid getting injured that would be a bonus.

That is the peak of my ambition for this game.

And, sadly, that is an ambitious peak.

Oxford dominate possession for the opening twenty minutes. They score a scrappy goal, we look to fight back but fail, they score again in the 73rd minute through an Eastwood error.

2-0 to Fleetwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom