Away Match Day Thread +++ 30/12/2017 Bradford City v OUFC match day thread +++

gingerox

As requested...

Hopefully I can continue my unbeaten run on here; Bradford are currently 10 points above us but have lost their last two. We've not best t'up north so far but hopefully we can end this year with 3 points or a draw like the reverse fixture.

Eastwood
Carroll Williamson Mous Ricardinho
Ruffels Ledson
Henry Payne Rothwell
Thomas

Wasn't there vs Gills but sounded like 2 up front worked alright, would be surprised if we stuck with it against a team in play-offs.
1-0, Rothwell '59
COYY

As I'm going again I'm hoping that we can carry on the recent unbeaten run in away games I get to. 4-1 @ Peterborough 4-0 @ Plymouth and 1-1 @ Southend, oddly the home games before each of these was shite so the omens are good ?

As I'm going again I'm hoping that we can carry on the recent unbeaten run in away games I get to. 4-1 @ Peterborough 4-0 @ Plymouth and 1-1 @ Southend, oddly the home games before each of these was shite so the omens are good ?
With our home form this season I’m sure that probably also applies to nearly all away games ?

This has got a random away shock written all over it. 3-4 last minute deflected winner.

It's simply a must win for me, We lose and Pep has to go i'm afraid. I don't care what position Bradford are in the league, we have to win this one. When PEP joined he had one of the best teams in the division, and it's turned into this.We are currently 20th for form in the last 10 games only picking up two wins.OKAY Lundstram and Johnson wanted to leave, however signing your friends son as Lundstram's replacement is not good enough, aswell as a few players who are just looking for a pay check (Tiendalli) his only decent signings so far for me have been Payne,Ricardinho,Mousinho and that's out of (12?) that he signed, some have looked promising {Obika,Mowatt, Henry and Williamson} Mehmeti, GVK,Xemi Pekalski,Tiendalli all not good enough or to fragile and injured most of the time. [Who knows Pekalski could be a worldbeater, just a shame he has a knee made out of fibreglass

Eastwood
Carroll Williamson Mousinho Ricardinho
Ledson Mowatt
Henry Payne Rothwell
Obika

2-1 Oxford
Obika and Rothwell.

Don't want to see Tiendalli in the side again really, Carroll may be to aggressive but atleast he can pass the football to his own player.
750 Away fans

Bradford are inconsistent at home, no reason in my mind to why we can’t win there

I’ll go for a 1-0 win, Thomas to bag

A few of the betting sites offering 4/1 for anyone interested, going to chuck a tenner at it personally

We'll give the Bantams a seasonally apt plucking ....'up the Manor '

Not at all confident about this one, think we’ll lose 3-0. Therefore will take a draw.

To my mind the following two home matches against MK & Blackpool will be the most important of the season so far. Pep and the team will need to try and erase the memory of the previous shambolic home game and give the loyal home support something to cheer about. Fail to win one of those and the knives will really be out.

This will be my first visit to Valley Parade so where is the best place to park? I can see this being a 2-2 draw with Thomas and Ledson on the scoresheet.

I expect no-one will believe me, but I was going to predict a 6-0 win for Wigan against us, but changed my mind, for fear of upsetting our fans on here. However, I can see a big defeat here, in view of past results at Brad Pitt City. So....Brad Pitt City 4 Oxford United 1 (Ledson) Att: 10989 and 566 Yellows fans. If I'm wrong, I will eat my scrotum. A dog will run onto the pitch and P**s everyone off - except me.

If we get a point up there I will be happy, we have to work out who we can attempt to beat and those we can’t so go for the point.

Clotet is a way off knowing how League 1 works.

This graphic very interesting, we're most vulnerbale under PEP mid first half, this will be because we start slow and the other team then takes control around this point, and then the end of the game because we have a bunch of old men in our team on there last legs.

This will be my first visit to Valley Parade so where is the best place to park? I can see this being a 2-2 draw with Thomas and Ledson on the scoresheet.
On your drive. Then listen to the Sayle and Harris comedy show on RadOx at 2pm from a nice comfy armchair with a large JD and coke to ease the pain....:)

Not confident and have a bad feeling it will be another heavy defeat. So hope I am completely wrong!

Is the match definitely on? Had some heavy snow in places. Assuming it will go ahead, I have no idea what to expect - but feel that a draw would probably be acceptable by our man at the helm.
So, a non too confident forecast of 1-1.

I’d take the point we have at the moment please. That’d do. ;)

3-0 to Bradford, then big pressure on the next two games at home to two of the sides in the league in worse form than us.

This graphic very interesting, we're most vulnerbale under PEP mid first half, this will be because we start slow and the other team then takes control around this point, and then the end of the game because we have a bunch of old men in our team on there last legs.
What a ,load of bollox (or are facts irrelevant)?

In the last game how many old men in our team are on there (sic) last legs? Easrwood, Carroll, Richadinho, Mous, Martin, Ledson, Rothwell, Thomas, Obika, Gino, Ruffells.

• React
Reactions: Ian
2-1 Thomas and GVK.

Lucky win papering over the cracks and still means we are in free fall and will be in the conference next season.

Back
Top Bottom